Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 02-16-2013, 07:35 AM   #1
turbopilot51

Updates for Alpine

Last year we added the combo washer/dryer and new shelving in the kitchen pantries, bathroom and laundry area. This year will be toppers for all four slides. Next year maybe a rooftop satellite system. Unknown to the dw I have been looking at the six point leveling system. Has anyone added this system to their rv and what was the total costs?
Always looking for more power, the next add-on goodie, the perfect camping spot, spending more time camping with dw.
turbopilot51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:03 AM   #2
Ron

Congradulations on the add ons, how did the Topper install go on the Curb side. Can not tell you the cost to add the level up system to your Alpine, but I can tell you that is darn sure a nice feature to have, push auto level and walk away .........
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 08:07 AM   #3
turbopilot51

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron View Post
Congradulations on the add ons, how did the Topper install go on the Curb side. Can not tell you the cost to add the level up system to your Alpine, but I can tell you that is darn sure a nice feature to have, push auto level and walk away .........
Still waiting for the dealer to get all the parts delived to schedule an install date. Looking forward the the toppers!
Always looking for more power, the next add-on goodie, the perfect camping spot, spending more time camping with dw.
Old 02-16-2013, 09:15 AM   #4
MNawman

Turbo, be careful with the level up system. It is a nice feature but the one from Lippert has a lot of problems. Ours leaked and worked great the first two times out. After that it lost calibration and would indicate that it was level but was way off on the side to side. A lot of people have had problems with this system. If some other company makes them, I would look at theirs. Search the forum for six point level up systems.
MNawman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 10:30 AM   #5
turbopilot51

Yesterday I brought the Alpine home from the dealer after installing the slide toppers. I must say the boys did a great job. Even the curbside slide looks and works great. I can't wait to take the Alpine out for the first trip this year.

Old 03-03-2013, 04:31 PM   #6
Ron

I told you so, I told you so, I told you so, It could be done and it looks great, you will love them........Happy Campin...
01 F350 7.3 PSD Crew Cab DRW 4X4 6 Speed/Chipped

Ron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 06:52 PM   #7
DocData757

When I first saw the 6 point system I looked into it. Strange, I could only find the 4 points system (for smaller 5th wheels) available for installation on an existing camper.

I sent Lippert an email about it and they said the 6 point system could only be installed at the factory because it took frame modifications.
DocData757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2013, 04:08 AM   #8
mikell

Your picture of the entry door shows my only complaint on our Alpine. The awning doesn't fully cover the door. I haven't found a way to make it right yet either. If it's raining your going to get wet opening the door.

On the other hand you don't have to shovel rain like the 6"-8" of white s*^$ coming tomorrow
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:25 AM   #9
dave-g

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikell View Post
Your picture of the entry door shows my only complaint on our Alpine. The awning doesn't fully cover the door. I haven't found a way to make it right yet either. If it's raining your going to get wet opening the door.

On the other hand you don't have to shovel rain like the 6"-8" of white s*^$ coming tomorrow
I always get wet- I pull my awning in when raining. I'm concerned about a gust of wind messing up the awning.

very nice toppers - they are on my list of things to do. I'm tired of brushing leaves and pine needles of the slides.
KTM 300 xc-sold
ktm 450 exc-r
dave-g is offline   Reply With Quote