Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-08-2012, 06:21 AM   #1
monte1214

What are the chances????

- Just picked up my new 291RLS yesterday, and let me say...I friggin love that remote!!
- My old trailer was an '07 and didn't have one.
- What a nice feature!!

- Anyways...what are the chances of someone having the same "frequency" remote as me? It'd be quite the suprise when all of a sudden, my awning, slides or landing gear started moving!?!??!

- Also, anyone know the range of the remote??
monte1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:30 AM   #2
geo

Quote:
Originally Posted by monte1214 View Post
- Just picked up my new 291RLS yesterday, and let me say...I friggin love that remote!!
- My old trailer was an '07 and didn't have one.
- What a nice feature!!

- Anyways...what are the chances of someone having the same "frequency" remote as me? It'd be quite the suprise when all of a sudden, my awning, slides or landing gear started moving!?!??!

- Also, anyone know the range of the remote??
Monte -

I bet Saabdoctor will be able to answer your question! On another thread he mentioned he was worried about ending up in the closet from someone else's remote!

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 08:06 AM   #3
azlee56

awwweee that one is simple. Just make sure your wireless is off and then you don't have to sweat it!!! (You could make sure the switch is on slides if you want to) :-)
azlee56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 09:37 AM   #4
SAABDOCTOR

I have played with mine and with a fresh battery it did about 250 ft. i have never had a problem with some one ealse on the same freq.. the remote is just like a car alarm or a modern garage door opener it is a roling code.so it should never be an issue. my joke was i shut my hydrolics off so when we are in bed the slider will not be run in and i end up in the closet. because then i would have to come out of the closet and then people would talk lol. i have heard about shuting of the wifi but never found that in my unit. have not looked to hard either. but you are correct it sure is nice to run the awning in or out or turn on a scare light from the bedroom or when driving up to it at night.
2 RESCUE PUPS: SUSITNA AND CRYSTAL. RIP ALYESKA!
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 04:34 PM   #5
monte1214

- So why I'm waiting for Saabdoctor, does anyone know how to turn off the remote?
- I'm not really that worried about it, but it's nice to know how to do it "if" it ever happens.

- Thanks for all the replies!
monte1214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2012, 06:35 PM   #6
JRTJH
Site Team

Take the batteries out.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:10 PM   #7
azlee56

if you take the batteries out for long, you will have to reprogram the remote with the control center. I don't know about all of you, but I have a power/wifi switch by the controls to the remote. It has to be on for anything to move. As an added protection you have to switch from what you are moving (ie landing gear, awning, slides, etc). So it is safe with it off.
azlee56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2012, 07:45 PM   #8
hankaye

Howdy All;

Some of the comments made me remember when my Dad got his first remote garage door opener.
He'd go for a drive around some of the newer housing developments and press the butto every couple
of hundred yards or so to see if any doors would open or close. He also liked to do the same thing with
Television remotes.....

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 04:01 PM   #9
scottm1

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAABDOCTOR View Post
my joke was i shut my hydrolics off so when we are in bed the slider will not be run in and i end up in the closet. because then i would have to come out of the closet and then people would talk lol. .
HA HA, That made my smile when I read it I must admit.
scottm1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:03 PM   #10
rconkin

I wouldn't worry about it. I used to sell garage doors and openers and once upon a time the remotes and openers were mated using dip switches and that was when you could drive around and open others doors if the switches were set the same. Then they came out with openers that had a "smart button" on them that had to be pressed to program the remotes to them and they use the rotating codes. The reciever in my Montana has the smart button to program the remote to it and I would think yours is the same way.

16 KZ Durango 2500 D349BHQ
rconkin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:19 PM   #11
mikell

Our new security system screwed up our remote car starters. Took a few days to figure that out and the alarm company tried to get out of it. They had to finally give it up and do an upgrade.
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote