Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 03-15-2012, 03:33 PM   #1
CaptJack

Outdoor Kitchen

I have a '05 Springdale w/quad bunks in the back. We also have large access door which I'm thinking about reframing the lower back buck area, buying a new door(the same size as on the new units w/outdoor kitchens) & building my own outdoor kitchen. I love the idea it brings but do not like any of the designs on new trailers. Any thoughts?!?!?! my wife thinks I'm crazy but all in all seems like a do able project I just question if it will compromise the structural integrity of the back of camper. Thanks for input.

PS I already have stress crack in aluminum over the main door.
CaptJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2012, 05:18 PM   #2
allentx1

We have had outdoor kitchens on both of our trailers. The Rockwood had a microwave (with switch to change between inside micro and outside - 1 at a time), kitchen sink with H/C water, fridge, drawer and 2 burner cooktop. the Avalanche has fridge, TV (for some reason), cabinet and cooktop. Overall I love having the extra fridge but really never used the microwave and the cooktops always seem to have a hard time in the wind, no matter how much aluminum foil I cram around the burner.

One word of caution, if you camp at unlevel sites you deal with either the kitchen being higher than is really useful (think little kid at a stove) or so low you bang your head on the door. Maybe just add another fridge. I am considering taking out the cooktop in mine and adding the sink... as soon as I figure out how to plumb it.

2011 Avalanche 340TG
2010 Ford F-250 6.4l Power Stroke 2wd
Pullrite auto-slider hitch
Austin Texas area
allentx1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:39 PM   #3
OldCountryBoy

My winter project.

I just traded an open-range with outdoor kitchen for a new Keystone Vision with lots of basement space. Basement from stem to stern, or port to aft, or both or something like that. I plan to add a rollout kitchen near the entry door. 4' deep and 28" wide. Looks to cost around 2k for all the parts and pieces. Plan on a 3 burner stove, sink and various drawers, doors etc. Both water and gas are easily accessible near by, and plan to use quick connects for each, when the unit is out. Will probably hang a 1 1/2" sewer line along bottom of trailer and tie in to existing lines where they converge at sewer hook up. Have'nt solved the quick connect concept for this yet. I will try and provide photo documentation as I go.
OldCountryBoy is offline   Reply With Quote