Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-14-2021, 09:53 AM   #1
CChambers

Shower/Tub Combo Leaking

All,

We have a 2021 Cougar 32BHS and have a leak from the drain on our tub. I am not asking for options on how to fix it, my question is how to access it. They only give you an approximately 6”x6” access hole to anything underneath. It is a two piece unit so I’m assuming the whole assembly would have to come out?? The bottom of the deck is covered with the corrugated underbelly so not sure how it could be accessed there?? Just looking for thoughts.

We discovered it on our way back home from a trip. We currently leave the access cover off, place a towel around and under the drain to collect the water and then remove the towel and dry the area as needed. Fans and towels were used to remove the moisture. We are only 3 months or so into this camper so my thoughts are to call the dealer and let them handle it, if they will. However, if I fix it then I know it’s down right.

This is our first camper so I’ve never dealt with any dealer on anything other than purchase. They have the gold mine but I’ve not gotten the shaft. Yet….
Old 11-14-2021, 10:23 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

On a 3 month old camper that has a "full warranty" on it ??? With something as significant as a tub drain leak, I'd let the dealership fix it... It's not like you "couldn't do it" or "fix it better and know it's done right"... Consider what happens if you "tear into the bottom" and find it's more than you can handle or more than you want to handle.... Now, there's the matter of the dealer/Keystone saying, "You voided your warranty when you tore it apart"....

Notify the dealer, set up an appointment for them to fix it.... There's way more at stake than just a leaking tub drain....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 10:40 AM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

^^^^^ Totally agree! Once you tear into it you "own it" and give Keystone an open door to deny that and and resulting claims.
flybouy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2021, 10:53 AM   #4
CChambers

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
On a 3 month old camper that has a "full warranty" on it ??? With something as significant as a tub drain leak, I'd let the dealership fix it... It's not like you "couldn't do it" or "fix it better and know it's done right"... Consider what happens if you "tear into the bottom" and find it's more than you can handle or more than you want to handle.... Now, there's the matter of the dealer/Keystone saying, "You voided your warranty when you tore it apart"....

Notify the dealer, set up an appointment for them to fix it.... There's way more at stake than just a leaking tub drain....

My thoughts but having never dealt with Keystone warranty or any rv warranty, I was looking for insight. Thanks for the clarification.
Old 11-14-2021, 10:53 AM   #5
CChambers

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
^^^^^ Totally agree! Once you tear into it you "own it" and give Keystone an open door to deny that and and resulting claims.

My thoughts also. Thanks for clarification.
Old 11-14-2021, 11:30 AM   #6
sourdough
Site Team

You will want to work with your dealer on the warranty. Make sure they know what you know as well as what you expect when it is returned. If parts have to be ordered etc. make sure the service manager understands that you want to bring it in for assessment and determination of what is needed THEN you will bring it back when they have all the parts.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
leak