Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-03-2021, 10:09 AM   #1
JSisemoreTX

Hi Spec, Oracle G Rated CHINA BOMB

Here's a pic of the OEM Factory G Rated tire that was on my 2020 Keystone Avalanche, blow out. Less than 7,000 miles on it. Inflated to 105 (cold, 110 max cold psi). Driving around 68 mph in route to Big Bend National Park (near Marfa 2 weeks back - BFE).

About to upgrade all tires, replace 1 rim, and install a TPMS system before our big summer trip.

#ReplaceThoseChinaBombs
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20210319_160809.jpg
Views:	375
Size:	413.6 KB
ID:	32790   Click image for larger version

Name:	20210322_083729.jpg
Views:	466
Size:	180.6 KB
ID:	32791  
JSisemoreTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 12:21 PM   #2
sourdough
Site Team

Sorry to see that. At least you were "near" Marfa. Some places out there are a long way from nowhere....and no one!

Oracle??? tires? Where does Keystone find these things? I've never heard of them. At least I had heard of the Ranier tires that came on this one but your experience is exactly the reason they came off before it left the lot replaced with Sailun S637 LRG. And, TPMS...NEVER leave home without it. I use the TST 507 and highly recommend it. Good luck on getting the new tires and wheel.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 01:43 PM   #3
JSisemoreTX

Thanks....I was able to change spare myself....Good Sam wrecker referral was 90 mins away! Drove to Terlingua, TX and had local RV Mechanic repair our sliced hydraulic hose.....quickly bought another wheel and another spare to make it home to Houston.

Now shopping for Sailun's to replace all 4 before June.
Old 04-03-2021, 01:45 PM   #4
JSisemoreTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdough View Post
Sorry to see that. At least you were "near" Marfa. Some places out there are a long way from nowhere....and no one!

Oracle??? tires? Where does Keystone find these things? I've never heard of them. At least I had heard of the Ranier tires that came on this one but your experience is exactly the reason they came off before it left the lot replaced with Sailun S637 LRG. And, TPMS...NEVER leave home without it. I use the TST 507 and highly recommend it. Good luck on getting the new tires and wheel.
I will look at the TST 507 system....thx for the recommendation.
Old 04-03-2021, 02:02 PM   #5
tech740

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSisemoreTX View Post
Thanks....I was able to change spare myself....Good Sam wrecker referral was 90 mins away! Drove to Terlingua, TX and had local RV Mechanic repair our sliced hydraulic hose.....quickly bought another wheel and another spare to make it home to Houston.

Now shopping for Sailun's to replace all 4 before June.
Still on sale at walmart for 150.00

2019 Ram 3500 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans 3:73
Reese Goosebox
2019 Sandpiper 379FLOK
tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 03:35 PM   #6
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSisemoreTX View Post
Here's a pic of the OEM Factory G Rated tire that was on my 2020 Keystone Avalanche, blow out. Less than 7,000 miles on it. Inflated to 105 (cold, 110 max cold psi). Driving around 68 mph in route to Big Bend National Park (near Marfa 2 weeks back - BFE).

About to upgrade all tires, replace 1 rim, and install a TPMS system before our big summer trip.

#ReplaceThoseChinaBombs

Marfa or even Alpine isn't a great place to break down for any reason. Little is open on a Saturday and nothing on Sunday. Good you were able to get that camper up and the tire changed; in Texas especially it is good to have the things on hand to do your own tire changes. I am surprised you had a Good Sam say 90 minutes from anywhere in that part of Texas.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 04:18 PM   #7
gearhead

No body damage?
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2021, 05:13 PM   #8
bobbecky

When we replaced our Goodyear Marathon China Bombs years ago, Sailun was just beginning, so upgraded to the Goodyear G614, and replaced the spare too. You wouldn’t want to have a failure, and only have a worse tire to limp on. I would recommend all five tires.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2021, 10:39 AM   #9
JSisemoreTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearhead View Post
No body damage?
damaged our replaceable plastic fender....and it sliced a hydraulic hose. We came out pretty lucky actually. All in, looks like it will cost us about $800. RV Mechanic and Hydraulic repair and new rim and tire.
Old 04-05-2021, 10:40 AM   #10
JSisemoreTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbecky View Post
When we replaced our Goodyear Marathon China Bombs years ago, Sailun was just beginning, so upgraded to the Goodyear G614, and replaced the spare too. You wouldn’t want to have a failure, and only have a worse tire to limp on. I would recommend all five tires.
Good point BobBecky
Old 04-05-2021, 10:41 AM   #11
JSisemoreTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbecky View Post
Great point BobBecky ⬆️
Old 04-05-2021, 11:09 AM   #12
gearhead

I had trouble finding a "sticks and bricks" retailer around Houston for Sailun. Maybe Fullers in Baytown, maybe. Probably some truck tire places.
I have had good luck ordering Carlisles from WalMart. They had H rated Sailun and Hercules for home delivery only, but I wasn't going to p**s ant those heavy 17.5's to and from.
I gave up and went to my neighborhood shade tree tire shop for Hercules Strong Guard all steel.
Speaking of "shade tree", did you get up with that "at home, on the side" RV tech in Hardin?
2008 Bigfoot 25C9.4 LB Cabover
gearhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 07:47 AM   #13
Roostor

Last week I ordered Sailun’s from Amazon, got them in about 4 days, had a local tire service come out and rmove tires from trailer and install all 5 new Sailuns. Amazon had them for $143.00+tax, free delivery (from Simple Tire Co.) and local tire shop charged $115.00
Roostor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:21 AM   #14
firestation12

How far do you think the tire traveled before you came to a stop? The 6 point leveler came pretty close to grounding out. An uneven road shoulder could have caused even more damage! Yikes!
firestation12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 09:51 AM   #15
HiSpec
Industry Rep

Good Day,
I am with the HiSpec warranty department, first let me say we are sorry to see the issue that you are having with our Oracle tire. Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected], regarding both the tire and wheel in the photo. We at HiSpec stand behind our products and want you to know that we are here as well to take care of those using products with the HiSpec name on it, when issues of this nature occur.
HiSpec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 10:12 AM   #16
JSisemoreTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiSpec View Post
Good Day,
I am with the HiSpec warranty department, first let me say we are sorry to see the issue that you are having with our Oracle tire. Please feel free to reach out to us at [email protected], regarding both the tire and wheel in the photo. We at HiSpec stand behind our products and want you to know that we are here as well to take care of those using products with the HiSpec name on it, when issues of this nature occur.
Thanks, I submitted an email with my contact info and pictures etc. Thanks for the suggestion.
Old 04-15-2021, 10:36 AM   #17
jadatis

I suspect overheating of tires once, by to low pressure for the real loads and speed used.
If that only happens once, the tires are lost, and it took for yours 7000miles before beginning cracks that far further that the tire blew, must be much to low.

Then if you put Goodyears or Sailuns under, wit h same sises and G-load ( 110 psi) they will also blow after a while.

So , can you give me as much possible data, then I will calculate with my extra safe system.
Then we will see if I am right.
jadatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 11:12 AM   #18
JSisemoreTX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadatis View Post
I suspect overheating of tires once, by to low pressure for the real loads and speed used.
If that only happens once, the tires are lost, and it took for yours 7000miles before beginning cracks that far further that the tire blew, must be much to low.

Then if you put Goodyears or Sailuns under, wit h same sises and G-load ( 110 psi) they will also blow after a while.

So , can you give me as much possible data, then I will calculate with my extra safe system.
Then we will see if I am right.
these 110 psi max rated tires were at 105 and I check them every day right before travel. I do not buy into the under pressure theory.....they were within 5 psi of their max rating AND I was not at max GVWR for my 5th wheel.
Old 04-15-2021, 11:30 AM   #19
jadatis

Then what is your GVWR and GAWR's, and howmany axles?

And how do you know you where not at your max GVWR? Only weighing makes it certain.
Often weight is yudged to low.

Give that info, I can google the tires, and after me calculating it, and explain why the max reserves I use, you might be unhappyly surprised.

Found Sailun in your sise ST 235/80R16 in G load
LI 129/4080 lbs At 110 psi, but ST I degrade by 6LI steps to get max reserve. Is LI 123/3420 lbs maxload a tire.Will explain why in my end- calculation.

Goodyear and Maxxis only have list that goes to 80 psi so E-load. Look at your tires, are they realy G- load.
Edit: looked back your picture, and it comfirmed the G-load, after max enlargement .

But this could mean that you should have used fi 120 psi to prefent what happened, and this is not allowed anymore, in earlyer days it was
jadatis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 11:52 AM   #20
RickV

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by HiSpec View Post
Good Day,
That's pretty cool that a Rep actually came on here and offered assistance while it is not unknown to happen it doesn't happen that often in the RV Industry.

Rick
2021 Alpine 3790FK
2021 Ford SD F350 6.7 PS 4x4 Crew Cab LB Dually
RickV is offline   Reply With Quote