Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-19-2019, 04:19 PM   #1
Peegee5344

Slide Doesn’t Seem All out at Top

Hi All,,
New to me Keystone Everest 345S, just delivered today. Lovely rig in great shape!
But,, on putting all of the slides out the big slide appears to not be all the way out at the top. I watched it fall into place and the pump stops,,, but seems another inch or so would be proper.
Is it an illusion or normal??
I installed a new battery to give it a bit more ooomph on a second try but still seems on an angle albeit ever so little.
Thanks for the help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	3AC30A60-2BF7-4889-BB3D-EB90C14D4CE2.jpg
Views:	130
Size:	182.8 KB
ID:	23328  
Peegee5344 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2019, 06:01 PM   #2
LHaven

It's a little disorienting to view (due to the forum's annoying habit of insisting on rotating every photo to the horizontal orientation), but it's almost like looking at an optical illusion.

The slideout SEEMS to be tipped in, but if you concentrate on comparing the inside of the windowframe with the outside wall of the trailer, there's no discernable angular offset. Compared to the adjacent building, there's a clear discrepancy, but the trailer can easily be off level as a unit. Add this to the obvious fisheye effect in the photo (clearly the outside edge of the slide box cannot be taller than the inside edge) and it would be difficult to make any judgment from gross aspects in the photo.

I usually recommend people use the "digital level" tool on their smartphone (on an iPhone, it's the second screen in Measure) to read the outside wall of the slide and the outside wall of the trailer. This eliminates subjective perceptions.
Old 08-19-2019, 06:01 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

There are rubber seals on the INSIDE fascia that seal against the trailer sidewall. If they are "essentially even top and bottom" then the slide is in the proper position. If there's a gap at the top (on the inside) and the seal isn't contacting and compressing the same at the top as at the bottom, then the slide probably will need some adjustment. I'd suggest checking both ends of the slide as there is a possibility that the slide is twisted or racked out of square.... You'll want to assess all four corners on the inside to make sure the slide is fully extended. While you at it, check all four corners when the slide is retracted to make sure it's fully in the travel position as well. Sometimes, when one function is out of alignment, both are.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 02:52 AM   #4
5J's

Yes, I agree check the inside slide seal to determine if it's in proper position.

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

2006 F-350 6.0L PSD CC 4X4
5J's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2019, 04:44 AM   #5
Peegee5344

Thank you! I checked pics I had from the viewing at the PO’s and it appears the same. I’ll check the seals and positions. Could be the PO wasn’t aware as well.
Peegee5344 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide