Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-31-2018, 07:35 AM   #1
Jriggs10

Front Jack problem

Hi! This is my first post on here, I have a Springdale 2011 5th wheel camper. I've had it about a year and our family loves it! We recently got back from a camping trip, as I was getting the RV off the truck, I ran the front jacks too high and it made a dying sound and stopped working. I moved it manually and it goes up and down and I just planned on manually jacking it up but not sure hulk Hogan could rotate that Jack more than a couple times. I looked around the switch (it has six connectors) to make sure they were all connected and didn't come loose. I then found the fuse which was blown, I replaced it, but nothing happened. So I looked again at the switch and think I might have pulled out a wire or two. Because I love to make easy problems hard and I'm really good at doing it, I pulled out all the wires when trying to just pull back the rubber sleeve to see the connections. There are six loose wires and I have nothing more than an educated guess as to which go where...I hooked then up as best I could tell and blew another fuse. Motor didn't turn on or anything, just an immediate blown fuse. I'm hooked up to power. I searched the forum for a wiring diagram, but it sounds like I would have better luck finding Jimmy Hoffa's body. Any suggestions, or should I just go back it off a cliff? Thanks!!
Jriggs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 07:45 AM   #2
wiredgeorge

Maybe a Springdale owner would be kind enough to go out and sketch the connector and note wire colors so this poor fella could at least put the connector back together again correctly. I have no idea of why the fuse would blow other than perhaps the wires came loose on the overextension of the legs and shorted.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 08:30 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

It can be frustrating to find the right wiring diagram. You said you have 6 wires. Most have 4 wires, possibly the other two on yours are a "tap" to some other component, like a light under the overhang ???

Anyway, here is a generic diagram of the switch wiring on a 'typical" fifth wheel landing gear motor/switch.

ADDED: Here is the link to the Stromberg/Carlson landing gear system. It may help you as well. Their wiring diagram is on the last page of the instructions.
https://www.strombergcarlson.com/loc...Gear%20INS.pdf
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	LANDING GEAR WIRING DIAGRAM.jpg
Views:	426
Size:	29.7 KB
ID:	16703  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 09:28 AM   #4
Jriggs10

Thanks all, I got it working again with a diagram you posted JRTJH, much appreciated!!
Jriggs10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2018, 10:40 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Good deal !!!! Now, stay active on the forum and "pay it forward"

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote