Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 05-13-2018, 12:33 PM   #1
cvin

Update on microair easy start for my ac

Put the micro air easy start in last summer but the trailer was in northern az most of that time and hardly ran the ac

Had originally purchased 2 champion 2000 watt gennys and had hoped to run the ac off 1 when needed here and there
Microair told me that that one champion 2000 was not strong enough to run the ac, that i needed a honda or some others they listed

My plan was to sell the champions and buy one honda this spring, see below for more on that

Temps in southern az have already hit 100-105 and i wanted to keep using the trailer for work down south another few weeks
Have a few friends houses i can park where there is 110

knew the easy start was supposed to allow me to run the ac off regular 110 plug but was concerned with possibly burning up the compressor using too low of power

Wrote microair to ask about the specifics on that and they said the easy start will protect the compressor and shut it off if there is a low power situation

For the past 3 days have been in phx with the ac running off a 10amp 50 foot regular 110 cord
It has worked great

In addition i saw on microair sites they were selling a newer westinghouse igen2500 for $600 that tested out better for them than the honda 2000 in running the ac’s

So just purchased one of those for backup in case i need it somewhere

The microair is turning out to be a good investment for me

When i bought this a year ago there was not a lot of info online about them, but now microairs website has lots of reviews and more info