Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 04-05-2018, 03:52 AM   #1
Dave W

Anderson Hitch owner problems

https://idahostatejournal.com/member...53287525d.html

Will this affect the company?
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 04:19 AM   #2
jsmith948

Well, If you apply the the same logic that has generated a call to boycott Camping World for the statements made by their CEO, then it probably will.
Don't know if it should or not. The actions of the company's owners probably have little, if any, correlation to the quality of their product. I don't know how effective these boycotts are...I would like to see them "awarded" for their actions with the maximum fine and imprisonment though.

Jack & Marty
2018 Laredo 298 SRL
2011 F-250 SB Crew Cab 4x4 6.7L
jsmith948 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 05:32 AM   #3
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Still....innocent until proven guilty, but this does not look good for the Andersen's. Now, why that would affect the sales of their hitches is anyone's guess. Everyone today seems to be:
1. Looking to do something really stupid for a few seconds of fame
2. Looking to hate and punish someone for their few seconds of fame

Either way, it's a sad, sad world.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 05:35 AM   #4
wiredgeorge

Not sure why this sort of post is appearing in the fifth wheel forum.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 05:39 AM   #5
Dave W

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiredgeorge View Post
Not sure why this sort of post is appearing in the fifth wheel forum.

It's a 5th wheel manufacturer's product
Dave W is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 05:58 AM   #6
goducks

I've had great service with Andersen. This is not good.
goducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 06:26 AM   #7
Canonman

I personally like my Anderson hitch, and as previously stated, their service has been exemplary.
That said, what Ryan Anderson did by defacing a natural wonder is indefensible. Had I been there (and I have) there would have been more than words exchanged.
My folks taught us "Fools names and fools faces often appear in public places". You can bet there will be criminal action and a healthy fine as well as possible jail time.
My motto, "Take only pictures. Leave only tracks"
This is the type of event that causes public access to some of our most beautiful places to be limited or even outlawed in the name of "protection".
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_7851.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	852.2 KB
ID:	15897  
I think the little voices in my head have started a chat group.
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 06:57 AM   #8
Tinner12002

Well, the initials are the same but did someone see them do it or is everyone assuming they did it would be my question. Lots of people I bet with the same initials. Not defending just observing.
Tinner12002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 07:41 AM   #9
RoscoeV

According to the article

"The incident sparked nationwide outrage on social media platforms, where many identified the family based on photographs of the couple posing in front of graffiti etched into Corona Arch."
2018 Ram 2500 Laramie
Pathway X2 with DISH Wally
RoscoeV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:17 AM   #10
sourdough
Site Team

That is just a shame. It seems the folks in this country are getting so immersed in the "me" factor that they can't think or see beyond it.

These beautiful, scenic areas have been there for millions of years unmarred for all to see and marvel at then along come thoughtless morons to deface them. It doesn't take many of them before something pristine becomes defaced looking like something from a ghetto. Shame on them.

The Andersen's certainly need to pay a penalty for their thoughtlessness and willingness to deface a national treasure; both civil and criminal. As far as penalizing the company, I think I would probably pass on buying anything from them just for the principle of it but that's just me. It's a personal decision each individual has to make. If you're an existing customer it might be a little hard to try to switch hitch dealers mid stream.
sourdough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 09:56 AM   #11
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinner12002 View Post
Well, the initials are the same but did someone see them do it or is everyone assuming they did it would be my question. Lots of people I bet with the same initials. Not defending just observing.
There are pictures of them marking the monument. This is a total meltdown in maturity and adult reasoning.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 11:25 AM   #12
CaptnJohn

Personally I prefer B&W but would not like to see employees effected by the idiotic owners. Zap with max, both husband and wife, $100k each and both get the full 5 years.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2022.Montana 3855 BR
2019 F350 6.7 4X4 DRW
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2018, 05:10 PM   #13
FlyingAroundRV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinner12002 View Post
He admitting doing it in the letter he posted.
Doing something like this not only defaces a natural feature, it encourages others to do likewise when they see it. Before long the natural feature looks like a wall in a downtown alleyway.
2018 Outback 272UFL

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCscotthendry
FlyingAroundRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 02:46 PM   #14
John&Genny

Although this has no effect on how I feel about my Andersen hitch and it's quality, certainly the owners should be ashamed of themselves and their actions. And if they were proven guilty of defacing the arch, then they need to face justice for their actions. There is no excuse.
John&Genny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2018, 05:54 PM   #15
Scoob

Defacing the property was bad enough. But what really disgusted me was having his children switch the plates on his truck to try and hide his identity.
What kind of person does that?

I really like my anderson hitch and had I have not bought it 3 weeks ago I would not be buying it now.
Scoob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 05:09 PM   #16
Rhino

He shouldn't have to pay any money above what it costs to FIX the damage, but should also be incarcerated for 3 times the length of time it takes to fix the damage, or ten years, whichever is longer.
Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 06:36 PM   #17
Pmedic4

Talking Some things can't be undone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhino View Post
He shouldn't have to pay any money above what it costs to FIX the damage, but should also be incarcerated for 3 times the length of time it takes to fix the damage, or ten years, whichever is longer.
The problem with an action such as this, is it can't be fixed. Sure they can sandblast away the scratches in the sandstone, but if many people have done this, soon there is nothing left as you can't replace the stone lost.

Recently I visited Granite City State park, which has a unique natural rock formation, and noted a carving in the stone from 1901. The first thought is ,"wow, this was done 117 years ago", and then you see where hundreds of others have also scratched their initials in the sandstone, and it's now very unattractive. Really sort of sad, that someone can't just admire the natural beauty and leave it for others the same way.

2017 Cougar 333MKS
2015 RAM 3500 HD with 6.4L

Pmedic4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:16 PM   #18
travelin texans

This reminds me of the Cadillac Ranch in Amarillo. When we were young they were recognisable vehicles buried nose first, now it looks like junk sprayed with graffiti, doors gone, trunk lids gone, body panels caved in & spray paint cans thrown everywhere. Why to people think it's fun to destroy stuff?
I feel the should exact a VEEERRY heavy fine on them each one or go to jail til paid & post their pictures on every national monument website along with what they paid as a warning to all that think it's funny.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 06:17 AM   #19
JRTJH
Site Team

A couple of years ago we hiked out to visit Moonshine Arch, about 15 miles north of Vernal, UT. It's about 3 miles off the highway to the trail head, then a 1.5 mile walking trail through the "high desert" scrub brush to get to the arch. Not an easy walk, but when we got there, all along the arch bases where they were accessible, people had spray painted or used charred wood to "paint" their graffiti. Much of it had been cleaned/obliterated by "preservation groups" and by park rangers (using our tax dollars). So, even on "lesser important sites" people feel the urge to deface public property.

Throughout that trip, from Devil's Tower to Craters of the Moon every one of them was defaced by "ner-do-wells_ with a spray can and too much spare time"
Why? Heaven only knows.....
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2558.jpg
Views:	227
Size:	300.1 KB
ID:	15922   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2565.jpg
Views:	191
Size:	254.9 KB
ID:	15923   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF2550.jpg
Views:	214
Size:	246.7 KB
ID:	15925  

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 07:22 AM   #20
Rhino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pmedic4 View Post
The problem with an action such as this, is it can't be fixed. Sure they can sandblast away the scratches in the sandstone, but if many people have done this, soon there is nothing left as you can't replace the stone lost.

Recently I visited Granite City State park, which has a unique natural rock formation, and noted a carving in the stone from 1901. The first thought is ,"wow, this was done 117 years ago", and then you see where hundreds of others have also scratched their initials in the sandstone, and it's now very unattractive. Really sort of sad, that someone can't just admire the natural beauty and leave it for others the same way.
That's the point of locking people up. The next guy will be deterred from doing it.
Rhino is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
hitch