Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Welcome to KeystoneForums.com! > New Member Check in!
Click Here to Login

Old 09-03-2015, 02:02 PM   #1
Hideout17

Hello from PA

First i want to thank the forum administrators for helping me get set up. I was having trouble getting access to post, thank you for taking the time to fix things for me.

We are going to be new travel trailer owners of a 26hls soon. We would have had it now but delayed it since my wife had to have surgery on her broken leg, coutesy of my two dogs wrestling around and hitting her in the leg. We looked at used trailers but couldn't pass up the price of a new one. We had a Coleman pop up previously and enjoyed it. Our plans are to take our new TT to Florida for thanksgiving and to Georgia for Xmas to visit my daughter. We will be taking it out as many times before hand. I bought a 2015 tundra to pull it. I believe this truck will do well.

I have been reading threads on here and have gotten some good info so far. I am new to having water tanks Grey tanks black tanks and how to treat them. Which threads can I find that info on? I may and will likely be asking many questions. One other question I have is being my wife is still on a walker and can't put weight on her leg yet and may be 3 or 4 more weeks yet and even then may not be 100%, is there a step i can get to make trailer access easier? Thanks....
Hideout17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 03:42 PM   #2
4LowNGo

Welcome from Harrisburg, and congrats on the trailer. I don't have a step answer but you might be able to find some answers up in the search. Have fun!
Old 09-03-2015, 04:36 PM   #3
cruisegrandma

Non weight bearing is not fun. The only thing I can think of is to sit in the doorway and scoot backwards into the trailer with you supporting her let. Once in the trailer, get over to the bed/chair/sofa whatever is closest and boost up onto it. One thing for sure, I would make sure the stabilizers are down first. She should not be off balance. Also, I would request sites nearest the facilities so she can utilize them instead of getting in and out all day. If she is seeing or has seen a physical therapist, I would discuss it with them. They have wonderful ideas and tools.
Passport 23RB
No longer virgin trailer and truck owners... BUT LOOK OUT ANYWAYS!!!
Harleysville, PA
cruisegrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 04:49 PM   #4
14george

from W Va have a 2014 Tundra 5.7 with tow does a great job towing my 240MK
Old 09-03-2015, 05:15 PM   #5
SchafferFamily

Welcome!

We are from Green Lane PA (SouthEast PA) and will be hauling down to Florida with the kids the week before Thanksgiving, then traveling home Thanksgiving week by way of SC and Williamsburg VA.

Those Tundra trucks are really nice. We have an 04 Chevy Silverado that tows our Passport pretty well so far.

There are steps that fold out at the entry to the camper. With our young daughters, I have a wood platform that we made as well about 18" x 30" that we can put on the ground to make that first step shorter and have a more stable start. My mother in law who had her knees replaced in March was able to get in our camper without to much trouble. Your camper may also have a handle by the door that is affixed to the camper side, or you can add a larger handle to make entry easier. The larger one can fold against the side of the camper when not in use.

What part of PA are you from?

2004 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4x4
2016 Passport 217exp
SchafferFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 05:20 PM   #6
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Smile

to the Forum From Western PA.

Enjoy your proposed upgrade

Be Safe and Happy Camping
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2015, 07:08 PM   #7
Hideout17

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchafferFamily View Post
Welcome!

We are from Green Lane PA (SouthEast PA) and will be hauling down to Florida with the kids the week before Thanksgiving, then traveling home Thanksgiving week by way of SC and Williamsburg VA.

Those Tundra trucks are really nice. We have an 04 Chevy Silverado that tows our Passport pretty well so far.

There are steps that fold out at the entry to the camper. With our young daughters, I have a wood platform that we made as well about 18" x 30" that we can put on the ground to make that first step shorter and have a more stable start. My mother in law who had her knees replaced in March was able to get in our camper without to much trouble. Your camper may also have a handle by the door that is affixed to the camper side, or you can add a larger handle to make entry easier. The larger one can fold against the side of the camper when not in use.

What part of PA are you from?

Thanks for the advice. I may try to make a step setup, I have to watch the weight the as I had back surgery last December and still not a 100%. From cooperstown. Inbetween Pittsburgh and Erie.
Old 09-03-2015, 07:09 PM   #8
Hideout17

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAPTOR View Post
to the Forum From Western PA.

Enjoy your proposed upgrade

Be Safe and Happy Camping
In in cooperstown.....
Old 09-03-2015, 08:43 PM   #9
Festus2
Site Team

[QUOTE=Hideout17;183943]

I have been reading threads on here and have gotten some good info so far. I am new to having water tanks Grey tanks black tanks and how to treat them. Which threads can I find that info on? QUOTE]

Try using the forum search function and type in (without quotation marks) "tank chemicals" or "tank treatment" or "tank cleaning".