Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 12-29-2014, 04:11 PM   #1
wolfee240

Max Air Maxxfan Ventilation System vs Fan-Tastic Vent Fan

I have 2014 Passport 3290bh. I am thinking about installing either a fantastic fan or a Maxx fan in the living/kitchen area. I was not sure which one has better air flow and make less noise. I hoping someone out there has had experience with these and can help me out.Also has anyone added a vent to the camper? I was thinking about added one of these in the rear of the trailer where the kids play and sleep. Thanks
wolfee240 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:38 AM   #2
MIKEPATC

Fan-Tastic Vent Fan

Replaced my living room vent and bath fan in my 2011 outback with Fan-Tastic Vent Fans. I really like'm. DW is too short to reach the vents to open/close so the remote controls are nice.

No experience with the MaxxAir.
MIKEPATC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 10:24 AM   #3
KanTC

wolfee,

There's a ton of info on the forum about adding fans, instructions, various brands, and etc.
Try a forum search, using each of the brand names in the search box... lots to read.

We've had both brands that you mentioned [each with & without the remote], in various RV's over the years.
I, personally, prefer the Maxx-Fan since I'm a light sleeper Most recent purchase was Maxx-Fan 5100K,
an all-in-one low profile unit [no need to add roof vent cover & only 5" high when closed].
Suggestion - regardless of brand, choose one with "reversible" air flow.

Terri, the Chevy co-pilot
KanTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 07:18 PM   #4
Hometown

I installed 2 MaxFan 5100's in my Cougar this past spring. One in the front bunk room and one in the rear master. I can say that they are super quiet, variable speeds with intake and exhaust flow. I also like the low profile rain proof covers on mine. We use ours to keep cool air flowing through out the trailer they do a great job . I know a lot of people like the fantasic fan units also but for me the MaxFans work great and were easy to install and are controlled by a remote so no additional wiring. You can even leave the vents open for regular ventilation without the fans running this keeps some air circulating even when traveling. Hopes this helps somewhat.
Hometown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2014, 08:02 PM   #5
chuckster57
Site Team

Max air here too. Multiple speeds, and in/out without having to pay extra $$. Current unit in the bedroom is 10 speed, in/out, no remote. Going to add another in the family room (w/remote) for full flow ventilation. Another advantage is the shape of the vent, it doesn't require a vent cover to operate in inclement weather.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 03:59 AM   #6
wahoonc

I used to be a Fantastic Vent/Fan guy. Now I would recommend the MaxxAir Deluxe model. Fantastic Vent got bought out a couple of years ago and they no longer have the edge over Maxxair. I like the fact the MaxxAir Deluxe is a single piece unit, no extra covers or parts to buy.

Aaron
wahoonc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 08:19 AM   #7
xaugievike

I have maxxair, pops has fantastic on his MH.

Both are good. I think my maxxair on low is a whisker more quiet. My thought is that it's location "outside" and past the vent opening is why.

My understanding of fantastic is that you have to remove and reseal the existing vent (correct me if I am wrong). Then most likely add a vent cover anyway...with the turbo max there's no roof sealing and you get the cover.

Suck and blow settings are nice...unless your black tank roof vent is nearby (learned that the hard way on my bathroom fan!).

A buddy and I started a blog, read it here:
https://twoguyscamping.blogspot.com
xaugievike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 11:18 AM   #8
bg71361

I have the Maxx Fan Deluxe with remote and I love it, really pulls the damp air out of the bathroom and will pull through the entire unit.
Bg
bg71361 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2014, 07:46 PM   #9
Way Of Life

Angry

Was a BIG fan of the Fantastic brand until.......I installed their fan cover after being sold by the amount of flow this cover maintained but found out that the vent lid/cap could not open fully on the automatic setting. Had to open/close manually or give up the cover.....so much for the convenience of a thermostat control.....or for others a remote control.
.....and a Yorkie who thinks he rules the world.
Way Of Life is offline   Reply With Quote