Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2014, 05:01 PM   #1
SandMShall

2014 Premier 12v Electrical Issue

Anyone know where the red and white wires on the left that are attached to the 12v connection on the back side of the fridge? When the wires are attached as they are in the picture it blows the fuse. (#6) in the picture, so I assume something down the line from there is causing the issue? Is there anyway to trace the wire locations? It seems to go off towards the outdoor kitchen but I'm not sure.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1400115600.991550.jpg
Views:	120
Size:	90.3 KB
ID:	5986   Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalkHD1400115633.245089.jpg
Views:	115
Size:	90.8 KB
ID:	5987  
SandMShall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 05:51 PM   #2
HappyCamperMN

I have no idea, but when I saw those 12V wires behind our fridge and the DC mode light on the front panel of the fridge I got really excited that it was an AC/DC/LP fridge, but no such luck...

https://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w...psyh8hlsyo.jpg
HappyCamperMN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:20 PM   #3
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMShall View Post
Anyone know where the red and white wires on the left that are attached to the 12v connection on the back side of the fridge? When the wires are attached as they are in the picture it blows the fuse. (#6) in the picture, so I assume something down the line from there is causing the issue? Is there anyway to trace the wire locations? It seems to go off towards the outdoor kitchen but I'm not sure.

Not totally following your question In the first picture was this wired this way from day one or did you for some reason take the white and red wires off for some reason and are trying to put them back on? Did Frig ever work?

Notice in your first picture that terminal block is labeled top screw +12VDC and bottom gnd (-12VDC) Usually red/blk are + and white -. Looks to me like you have the red lead which I would assume +12VDC on the gnd screw and the white wire on the +12VDC screw. Which if that red lead is actually +12vdc it will blow that fuse immediately every time. You will not be able to put them in fast enough.

Here is what I would do:,take the Red and White wires off the terminal block, put a new fuse in, should not blow, then take a volt meter and see if that red lead is +12VDC and if it is that wire connected to the gnd screw will blow every time. Again if red is +12vdc I would assume should go on + terminal and white on the gnd terminal.

That is why I need to know if frig ever worked and did you have these wires off?
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 06:28 PM   #4
SandMShall

Quote:
Originally Posted by PARAPTOR View Post
Not totally following your question In the first picture was this wired this way from day one or did you for some reason take the white and red wires off for some reason and are trying to put them back on? Did Frig ever work?

Notice in your first picture that terminal block is labeled top screw +12VDC and bottom gnd (-12VDC) Usually red/blk are + and white -. Looks to me like you have the red lead which I would assume +12VDC on the gnd screw and the white wire on the +12VDC screw. Which if that red lead is actually +12vdc it will blow that fuse immediately every time. You will not be able to put them in fast enough.

Here is what I would do:,take the Red and White wires off the terminal block, put a new fuse in, should not blow, then take a volt meter and see if that red lead is +12VDC and if it is that wire connected to the gnd screw will blow every time. Again if red is +12vdc I would assume should go on + terminal and white on the gnd terminal.

That is why I need to know if frig ever worked and did you have these wires off?
That would be a good question. This is the way it was delivered. It's a brand new trailer and were just now going through it and making sure everything is in working order. I'll replace the fuse and check the wires with a volt meter in the morning and let you know.

SandMShall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2014, 07:54 PM   #5
PARAPTOR
Site Team | Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by SandMShall View Post
That would be a good question. This is the way it was delivered. It's a brand new trailer and were just now going through it and making sure everything is in working order. I'll replace the fuse and check the wires with a volt meter in the morning and let you know.

So what I am hearing is Frig never worked and fuse was blown when you first got the rig noted it was blown replaced it and it blew again. CORRECT??

Since new rig could also send dealer picture of that terminal block and ask them about correct wiring. I do not have a schematic of the Frig just by guess looking at your pictures.
Reese 20K; Carlisle Radial Trail RH/HD; TPMS (12 Tires)

Veteran

PSU (GO LIONS)
PARAPTOR is offline   Reply With Quote