Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-16-2013, 08:19 AM   #1
GaBidcaller

Question Outdoor Kitchen Stove won't light.

New rookie RV owners. I have a Keystone Bullet 286QBS that we are about to take out this week for a quick camping trip. We have been out a few times but have never ever had an occasion to need to use the outdoor kitchen on our unit. This time we will. Or I hope we will. I was going thru my checklists, making sure everything was packed and decided to try and fire up the 2 burner gas stove on the outside kitchen. I hooked up the gas line at the provide fitting location just under the side panel of the rv unit, but try as I might I cannot get either burner to light and cannot hear any gas coming out of the burner eyes........What have I missed? Is there a valve somewhere other than the burner controls that I need to turn on. I have fired up the furnace to make sure that gas is flowing - but I can't get the burners on the outside kitchen to light. The inside burners on the inside stove light just fine.

Help this rookie please.
GaBidcaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 08:28 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

There is an "off/on" valve located on the connector that you plug the flexible hose into. It's usually located just behind the slip ring that locks the gaslines together.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2013, 09:59 AM   #3
GaBidcaller

Thumbs up Thank you jrtjh!!!!!

Thank you so much JRTJH. I do not see very well because of a work related injury....the valve lever was hidden by the yellow plug that went in the connector. Once I found it, turned it open - the stove burners fired right up....

Thanks again so much for helping this rookie out!

Happy Trails!
GaBidcaller
GaBidcaller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 12:51 PM   #4
Sprout2mo

2 burner outside kitchen stove connector

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
There is an "off/on" valve located on the connector that you plug the flexible hose into. It's usually located just behind the slip ring that locks the gaslines together.

I can't even find the place to plug the connector from the stove to the RV? Under which side panel would it be? I have a 2018 Cougar 25RES. Can someone show me in a photo where to find it? In the meantime, the drawer has fallen off while trying to fix my faucet that froze...what a mess. Thanks in advance, Cindy
Sprout2mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2019, 01:03 PM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

To the OP .. that valve must be in the "off" position to connect or disconnect the quick connect fitting. When in the "on" position the handle of the valve should "block" the quick connect from moving back to release.

Cindy, the gas line should be close to "in-line" vertically with the stove under the skirting. You may have to get on your knees to look up under the trailer to see it as it's typically a couple of inches away from the "J" wrap.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 02:38 PM   #6
B-O-B'03

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprout2mo View Post
I can't even find the place to plug the connector from the stove to the RV? Under which side panel would it be? I have a 2018 Cougar 25RES. Can someone show me in a photo where to find it? In the meantime, the drawer has fallen off while trying to fix my faucet that froze...what a mess. Thanks in advance, Cindy
Mine is on the frame, under the outdoor kitchen, I added a second outlet for the Weber Q portable grill.

-Brian
Old 12-15-2019, 03:15 PM   #7
NH_Bulldog

This is where mine is
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	670B7CEE-211D-47DB-AFC6-A03E0E240EE8.jpg
Views:	258
Size:	364.7 KB
ID:	24638  
NH_Bulldog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2019, 05:20 PM   #8
08quadram

Just an FYI. If your countertop is plastic laminate, consider sealing all the exposed edges of th countertop. That includes all openings cut on to it. My 2013 Passport had water with a "sink" or black tub you dumped. After a couple of uses it was obvious that the laminate would not hold up long. I removed all components in the top and painted the raw edges and actually built a small ridge of silicone all around the openings to keep water from getting to the newly sealed edges. Worked great. Never had any delamination.
1-wife / 1-dog / 2-kids
08quadram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 04:30 PM   #9
Gilly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRTJH View Post
I know this is an old post but thanks so much!
Gilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2020, 09:54 AM   #10
lcarver02

There should be an on-off handle just in front of the Quick Connect Gas Line. Sometimes these are broken off and hard to see. You might need a new one. I had to change mine. I think you can buy the valve handle separately. Assuming your propane is on and verified with other gas utilities.
lcarver02 is offline   Reply With Quote