Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 09-09-2013, 11:44 AM   #1
aehjr

Water Questions

We picked up our new 300 on Saturday and can't wait to go camping in it. Spent Sunday packing it with our gear that we had taken out of the previous trailer. The truck pulls it fine but it will take me some time to get used to the extra size and weight of the new trailer. I'd post a photo but can't figure out how to make one small enough to comply with the file size requirements for posting photos.

Does anyone know exactly where the various water tanks (fresh, black, grey) are? With the insulation, I can't tell where they are; thought it would be useful to know so I can estimate how each tank's water level changes my hitch weight. My salesman did not know. The fresh water tank looks to be over the axles, the black tank appears to be just forward of the axles and the grey tank is in the area of the sink. (These guesses are based on where the drains pipes are.) I've seen posts that talk about carrying extra water when carrying toys in the garage; based on where I think my tanks are, looks like the only thing to help counterweight the toys is to fill the grey tank.

Also, can someone tell me where the water pump is? I opened a panel in the kitchen but it wasn't there. My next place to look is under the sink in the bathroom.

Thanks!
2019 KTM Super Adventure R
aehjr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #2
tmm2good

We have the 301,almost the same trailer. as near as I can tell, you are pretty right on where the tanks are, the black is right under the toilet. Our water pump is about a foot back from a little panel under the bathroom sink. PITA to get to.

What part of Colorado you in? We are in Arvada.
Motorcycle's
tmm2good is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2013, 11:55 AM   #3
aehjr

Water Questions

I figured out how to add the photo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	The New Rig.jpg
Views:	208
Size:	80.6 KB
ID:	4104  
Old 09-09-2013, 12:02 PM   #4
tmm2good

Nice looking combo !
Motorcycle's
Old 09-09-2013, 12:13 PM   #5
aehjr

Quote:
Originally Posted by tmm2good View Post
We have the 301,almost the same trailer. as near as I can tell, you are pretty right on where the tanks are, the black is right under the toilet. Our water pump is about a foot back from a little panel under the bathroom sink. PITA to get to.

What part of Colorado you in? We are in Arvada.
Thanks, tmm2good. Appreciate the info on the water tanks and the water pump. With any luck, this water pump will be easier to get to than the water pump in our Viewfinder. That required me to climb in and out of the storage box under the bed with a head lamp on. My knees usually hurt for a week after that. Lol

We are between Colorado Springs and Woodland Park on Highway 24.

Do you change your water load when carrying toys to manage your hitch weight? With two bikes in the garage, I'll have between 1000-1100 pounds extra payload in back. I'm not sure what I'll use up front to offset that much weight if I need to get the hitch weight up.
Old 09-09-2013, 12:33 PM   #6
tmm2good

I cant tell any difference with the fresh water full or empty. I can tell a difference with the holding tanks (grey/black) full. More weight up front. If I have both quads in the back, it is about 800-900 lbs more in the back. It seems to pull better with the holding tanks empty, less sway, but with my new truck, I do not get much sway at all.
Motorcycle's
Old 09-13-2013, 08:43 AM   #7
2014Fuzion300

Nice combo!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk -
2014Fuzion300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 10:36 PM   #8
Pipedreamin

Quote:
Originally Posted by aehjr View Post
Also, can someone tell me where the water pump is? I opened a panel in the kitchen but it wasn't there. My next place to look is under the sink in the bathroom.

Thanks!
We have a 2013 300 and I found the water pump tucked under the pantry area on the floor. You can sort of get to it if you pull the kitchen drawers out of the cabinet that is against the bathroom wall. Sick your head in the cabinet and look towards the side of the trailer. It looks like you can get to it without too many scratches and bruises.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:51 AM   #9
yaya

When we go out and we have the quads in the trailer, we will not fill the water tank up until we have gotten to our destination. For us less weight to pull over the mountains the better. This is just a suggestion
if worrying about the weight distribution. Oh by the way your trailer is beautiful. I have a keystone NRG, same colors white with red and black.
yaya is offline   Reply With Quote