Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 05-24-2013, 06:18 PM   #1
micar

Under bed storage 333MKS

Is there underbed storage in 333MKS. Is the bed pulling away from the slide wall issue I have been reading about a problem with this model?
Thanks Mike
micar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 04:20 PM   #2
Cougar Campers

Smile 333mks bed

Nope, was sad to see no storage under our Cougar 333mks when we looked, but thankfully there is lots of storage throughout the RV. We have had our fiver for one month, when we picked it up we asked about the slide wall problem that seemed to be getting common. Our dealer said they had received a bulletin about this, and they had reinforced it already. Was very happy they took care of it before it became an issue and we had to make a special trip in. Very happy so far with our Cougar, although we have one of the funky touch pad control panels and our awning has been recalled. We heard Keystone has diagnosed the control panel and our dealer is waiting for part numbers so it can be fixed. They are also going to replace the awning motor. I'm thinking if you have a reputable dealer that wants things right, it's invaluable.
Cougar Campers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 07:06 PM   #3
MarkS

At least one member found a way to create storage under the bed slide. Does not look easy http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...eferrerid=7726

Mark S.
2014 Cougar 318SAB
2015 Silverado 3500HD 6.6L Diesel 4WD CC SB
18K Pullright Hitch
MarkS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:09 AM   #4
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
At least one member found a way to create storage under the bed slide. Does not look easy http://www.keystonerv.org/forums/sho...eferrerid=7726
The reason the Cougar 333 MKS has no storage under the bed is that the bed is on a slide and there should be no appreciable weight placed on the slide while it is not fully deployed... kind of like not walking or sitting on the living room slides while not fully extended..
Old 08-29-2013, 02:15 AM   #5
K'sKamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Javi View Post
The reason the Cougar 333 MKS has no storage under the bed is that the bed is on a slide and there should be no appreciable weight placed on the slide while it is not fully deployed... kind of like not walking or sitting on the living room slides while not fully extended..
I was told by our dealer we could use the slides when they were closed unlike other brands. The advantage to the 333MKS is if we cannot put out both slides we can still use kitchen and couch without putting out main slide.
K'sKamper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 03:06 AM   #6
Javi

Quote:
Originally Posted by K'sKamper View Post
I was told by our dealer we could use the slides when they were closed unlike other brands. The advantage to the 333MKS is if we cannot put out both slides we can still use kitchen and couch without putting out main slide.
Hope you got that in writing and notarized because it is contrary to Keystone's owner manual and I expect Keystone will have issues with any repair.

DO NOT step on the floor of the slide out when the room is retracted. The slide out floor is not supported by the main floor and stepping on the floor may cause structural damage to the slide room.

I'm not saying that folks don't walk, sit or store on the slides because I know that we do occasionally while working in the trailer with the slide in. But we do try to keep it at a minimum and being aware that Keystone says in the owner's manual not to walk or use the slide while retracted I won't try to get it fixed under warranty if it does create a problem down the road.