Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 01-19-2022, 04:42 PM   #21
dljs1941

I have a 2020 Keystone Bullet 273BHS. I had an issue with my marker lights, however my problem was that they were all ON when not connected to the TV. Ended up being a short in my umbilical cord where the green wire was crossed with the black (which is 12V from the battery). Anyway, the attached 7way pin out was accurate for my TT.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 7 pin wiring1.pdf (49.5 KB, 63 views)
Old 01-20-2022, 07:40 PM   #22
RLF

Thank everyone for your help. Still checking and trying to rule things out. One thing about this forum, if you are respectful and ask for help folks are very willing to go out of their way to offer suggestions. Thanks again.
RLF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 09:10 AM   #23
RLF

Still looking

Still trying to find the problem. One tail light had been replaced so I looked there. Coming out of the rv are of course a bundle of ground wires, red and two green. The green should be marker lights. The green wires were connected so I separated them and tested both hot power. One was hot and the other was not. Is this correct or could this prove that part of the marker wiring definitely has a problem. I bet some of you guys that are smarter than me will know.::
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AD17D37A-1C63-4D79-8B71-056616C88B59.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	139.2 KB
ID:	38169  
Old 02-01-2022, 01:45 PM   #24
LHaven

The hot green leads to the battery; the cold one leads to other lights further up the chain. This is normal.

Did your symptoms change? When you started, you had one light on in the front, now you are working on a tail light.
Old 02-01-2022, 02:04 PM   #25
RLF

Thanks for the reply. The back left light had been changed out before I bought the rv. Pulled it off just to see if something funny had been done. But everything looked good. The right, back side running light burns but also blinks when the blinker is in and brightens when the breaks are applied which I assume it is not intended to do. The truck plug tests good.
Old 02-01-2022, 02:42 PM   #26
JBM3M

My simple thought is you have some shorting wires as in hitting multiple circuits. Turn signal is actually paired with the brake light. Running lights should not be effected, thus something wired wrong or wires sharing/shorting.
JBM3M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 03:25 PM   #27
RLF

The junction box seems to be fine and grounds there as well. What light or where would you look next?
Old 02-01-2022, 03:28 PM   #28
JBM3M

Well since I don't know what I am doing, I would pull out the fixtures that are low and easily accessable. Use a meter or test light and follow the power from the one that works to the next one, not sure if you can tell which wires go which way. Kinda thinking something got wired wrong somewhere. Got to track down where the power is and isn't and that can be difficult.
JBM3M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2022, 03:35 PM   #29
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by RLF View Post
Still trying to find the problem. One tail light had been replaced so I looked there. Coming out of the rv are of course a bundle of ground wires, red and two green. The green should be marker lights. The green wires were connected so I separated them and tested both hot power. One was hot and the other was not. Is this correct or could this prove that part of the marker wiring definitely has a problem. I bet some of you guys that are smarter than me will know.::
If the truck is not plugged into the trailer and the lights turned on no wire should be hot. The "tail lights" or brake/ turn lights have 3 circuits. A ground, a running and a brake circuit. The ground and clearence circuits can be connected to multiple wires carrying the currect to other fixtures but the brake circuit will be one wire only.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light