Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 12-15-2021, 03:30 PM   #1
BluEyedFrog

Very very low water pressure.

I have a 2014 Hornet. I am connected to city water. I should probably add I don't winterize because I live in it full time. I turned on the cold water I have a tiny trickle of water, I get a bit more if I turn on the pump. Hot water? It used to gargle then get a little stream of water? Now I get a tiny stream of Luke warm water.No difference if I turn on the pump. I disconnected the heated water hose and ran the water, all good Hooked back up to the city connection and tiny stream. No leaks visible. I read it could be the city connection with
pressure valve. Suggestions?
BluEyedFrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2021, 03:47 PM   #2
wiredgeorge

Each of your faucets and shower have a gizmo called an aerator. If you unscrew the end of a faucet, you will see the rubber washer, plastic thing and a wire screen or the plastic thing will have small holes. If you have been using these taps for awhile, crud collects in the screen or plastic disk with holes and water flow will be really bad. If you have good flow out of the hot water with the hose disconnected it is likely the aerators. Just take off the one on your sink to start and run the water without that end screwed on and the small parts in place and see how pressure is.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 06:48 AM   #3
Maineiacs

If your water pressure is fine from your onboard pump, it's either your regulator, the hose itself or the filter screen at your hose inlet.
CRE3000 w/wet bolts

2021 F-350 4x4 7.3L Godzilla Crew Cab
Maineiacs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 07:29 AM   #4
travelin texans

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueyedfrog View Post
i have a 2014 hornet. I am connected to city water. I should probably add i don't winterize because i live in it full time. I turned on the cold water i have a tiny trickle of water, i get a bit more if i turn on the pump. Hot water? It used to gargle then get a little stream of water? Now i get a tiny stream of luke warm water.no difference if i turn on the pump. I disconnected the heated water hose and ran the water, all good hooked back up to the city connection and tiny stream. No leaks visible. I read it could be the city connection with
Click image for larger version

Name:	40064__34273.1479923235.jpg
Views:	52
Size:	31.9 KB
ID:	37483
If you're using this type of regulator on the city connection they can/do go bad causing very low flow. They are not "regulators" they are "restrictors". They restrict the flow regardless of the pressure.

Name:   shopping.jpeg
Views: 144
Size:  8.2 KB
This is the type of "reglator" you need. It regulates the pressure if it's over the preset pressure, but does not affect the flow if the pressure is below the preset.
If you have good pressure at the city faucet then it's either that so called regulator or the screens/filters previously mentioned.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2021, 07:36 AM   #5
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluEyedFrog View Post
I have a 2014 Hornet. I am connected to city water. I should probably add I don't winterize because I live in it full time. I turned on the cold water I have a tiny trickle of water, I get a bit more if I turn on the pump. Hot water? It used to gargle then get a little stream of water? Now I get a tiny stream of Luke warm water.No difference if I turn on the pump. I disconnected the heated water hose and ran the water, all good Hooked back up to the city connection and tiny stream. No leaks visible. I read it could be the city connection with
If I read this correctly your water flow is down to a trickle either with city water or the fresh water pump. and there is good pressure AT the faucet with the hose removed. If this is correct, then what's the temperatures where you are located and how are you heating the trailer?
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
water, water pressure