Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-25-2021, 07:46 PM   #1
markdol1

heater squeal

Hi folks just came back from last trip of the year. I have a 26rbpr premier bullet with i believe has an atwood furnace When i turned heater on it started and ran with a steady whine and intermitent chirping from the motor /blower assy. I thought maybe it needed a little lube on the motor shaft or blower fan area. I needed heat through the week so i ran it and it quieted down a little. i opened the compartment to see if i could get to the motor ,there is a small covering over the housing . I think ill have to pull the whole unit. looks pretty simple .Looking for a second opinion.
markdol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2021, 08:41 PM   #2
rhagfo

You might get by with a drop or two of oil on the motor shaft for a while, once you have the unit open that far you might as well replace the motor. Your unit is seven years old, just saying.
Visit and enjoy Oregon State Parks
rhagfo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 05:12 AM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

^^^ Agree with this. Once a bearing starts making noise the damage is done.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 08:28 AM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

AWWWWW Where's your "sense of adventure" ??? This is a perfect companion to "I never tow with water" or "A towel soaks up the leak, no need to fix the roof" or better yet, "Just one more trip on my TK's and I'll buy new tires in the spring".......

It's either replace the motor now or make sure you've got a few clay flower pots to sit on the stove burners when the furnace stops working... That usually happens on the furthest from home trip on the coldest day of the year...

But then, if you're "really lucky" wait another season and then find out that Atwood stopped selling parts for your furnace and you'll need to spend $650 for a new furnace because the motor is no longer available.....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heat, heater