Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Keystone Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 07-14-2012, 07:53 AM   #1
EarsMarie

Question Should we open sliders

Another question about out Premier 29RTPR.
Since we are not taking the Premier to the dealer until Monday should we open the leaking slider to try to dry it out or just leave it alone?
It leaks closed and we just found it yesterday.
EarsMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:01 AM   #2
DJ85

Dry it out as fast as you can by any means possible. Leaving it wet and just making things worse. Fans, dehumidfer and expose anything you can to get the air moving. Water on outside good. Water on the inside bad very bad.

God is great, beer is good and people are crazy
Dave and Julie

2008 F-250 6.4L 4x4
2012 Cougar RES 327
2000 Jayco 264 Bunkhouse
1995 Starcraft pop-up
DJ85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 08:39 AM   #3
f6bits

x2 on leaving it open. Especially if it leaks when closed (and sealed when open I hope).

If it’s not raining today, open everything up, including the sofa, dinette benches, lounge chairs, and anything else that may have moisture inside.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2012, 09:49 AM   #4
EarsMarie

We don't know if it's sealed when open. We have not been on a rainy trip yet, or any trip at all. Guess we will move her today and open all slides and see what happens. We know the other slide is ok. The other is damp under the membrane that slides out.
EarsMarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2012, 09:49 AM   #5
volvosweetie

We had a leak or what we thought was a leak. We had wet floor beside the slideout but walls and other stuff was dry. Had someone look at it from an Rv place while on vacation. They couldnt figure out what was going on got home and we were washing the TT and low and behold the gutter that runs along the top edge on the back side was bowed slightly and it was letting the water from the a/c run off on to the side out and under it and it was wetting the floor, got a RV repair guy to come and fix it and now it doesn't leak. Just thought I would throw that out there in case someone else has a weird leak. The RV place guy just has us raise the front up so the water would stay on the roof and run off the very back of TT.

Ab & Pam
2006 Thor Grand Junction
2000 Ford F-450 dually Crew Cab
7.3 Diesel
volvosweetie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2012, 03:55 AM   #6
OhhWell

Quote:
Originally Posted by volvosweetie View Post
We had a leak or what we thought was a leak. We had wet floor beside the slideout but walls and other stuff was dry. Had someone look at it from an Rv place while on vacation. They couldnt figure out what was going on got home and we were washing the TT and low and behold the gutter that runs along the top edge on the back side was bowed slightly and it was letting the water from the a/c run off on to the side out and under it and it was wetting the floor, got a RV repair guy to come and fix it and now it doesn't leak. Just thought I would throw that out there in case someone else has a weird leak. The RV place guy just has us raise the front up so the water would stay on the roof and run off the very back of TT.
I may be getting a poor visual in my head about what was happening but if all they did was divert the roof runoff from the slide out, what's going to happen in a driving rain?

When it's closed, the slide room should have a seal around it so water will not get in at all. Unless someone is under the camper shooting a hose up under the slide out of course!
Old 08-02-2012, 04:30 AM   #7
volvosweetie

OhhWell,
What happened was the bow in the gutter along the backside was right over the slide out so no water was going any further, it was running down the slide out and under the slide out. We had the gutter fixed and it hasn't leaked since and we leave our slide out out all the time at home. We have had some really heavy rains since and their hasn't been a leak, I check. Our old camper leaked every time we took it on a trip so with the new Camper I was paranoid LOL and still check every time it rains I guess it is a habit. It is possible that maybe that time it did leak the seal might not have seated right who knows. What was weird was when it did leak we had a terrible rain storm and it didn't leak it was only after we ran the A/C. I still keep a check on it but who knows. The back gutter was bowed at least 1/2 inch but you would not have known it. The wet spot was only on the floor by the dinette at the slide on the floor of the frame not the slide out.

Ab & Pam
2006 Thor Grand Junction
2000 Ford F-450 dually Crew Cab
7.3 Diesel
volvosweetie is offline   Reply With Quote