Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Modifications and Upgrades
Click Here to Login

Old 10-01-2020, 08:50 AM   #1
phinner

Recliners & Table Reconfiguration

I've searched this forum along with others and a few FB groups, but have yet to see anything regarding the issue we have. We have a 2012 28SGS and love the layout of it. What we didn't like was the furniture - the air mattress that lost it's ribs while a guest was using it one trip and the janky swivel rockers. So, we ordered and received a new RecPro sleeper and two 30" wall hugger recliners. The furniture is awesome! The slight problem we have is the middle table that's between the two recliners. It works, but it makes packing the recliners a little more difficult and when set up the recliners need to be positioned just right so both are usable in the full kicked back position. So, what we've decided is to remove, modify, and reposition the table so that the chairs can be set up side by side like the newer model 28SGSs. Like this...

From this -

To this -

We may have most of it figured out, but we're looking for ideas that others have that we might not have thought about. What we've got planned is

1. Remove the table
2. Replace the mouse hole with a power inlet and removable power cord
3. Install a Progessive Industries Hardwired Surge Protector
4. Build and install a small enclosure to house the SP and wiring and cover the existing hole in the wall
5. Remove the table drawer, cut the table in half, and reposition each half on the outer wall (I know there's more to this part than what I have listed).

I realize that we'll still have a box where the table currently is, but it would be much smaller and the recliners would be able to be setup next to each other. Also if we store the recliners back to back, the new enclosure should fit in the gap created by angled backs of the recliners.

Has anyone done anything similar? Or even totally different but works? If so, pictures would be great!

Bruce & Tami
Carmichael, CA
'12 Cougar 28SGS, '18 Ford F250 CCSB, 6.7
3 kids, 6 G-kids, 3.1 dogs, 2 cats
phinner is offline   Reply With Quote