Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 02-12-2020, 06:52 AM   #21
skids

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhagfo View Post
Well we full time and keep black and grey closed, and galley open. This gives us plenty of clean almost clear water to flush the hose when draining the black tank.
What is a galley? Are you referring to an extra grey water tank with its own dump valve?
Old 02-12-2020, 07:03 AM   #22
bobbecky

The galley is what a kitchen would be called on a boat, so in an RV, when describing the grey tanks, the galley tank would be what kitchen waste water is drained into.
bobbecky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:21 AM   #23
JRTJH
Site Team

Galley = Kitchen
Head = Bathroom

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2020, 07:32 AM   #24
skids

Good golly Chris, that is quite the process! I would have to carry a clipboard.
Old 02-12-2020, 07:40 AM   #25
skids

Concerning sensors, I have not camped yet in the Bullet, but I had a Jayce before. Anytime the sensors in the black tank started acting up, I used the Camco wand (at home) and sprayed directly on the sensors. It always worked.
Old 02-13-2020, 09:12 AM   #26
rlh1957

Poo Pyramid

Don't ever leave the black tank valves open. Only to dump. Even in camp at full hookup, dump then close until full again. All that liquid helps the solids break down and your drop in pods or liquids to help digest and break down solids and hold down smell.
Leaving the black tank valve open and all the liquid runs out the hose and all the solids pile up... the infamous Poo Pyramid. Get a big wad of toilet paper and soak it good with the outside hose. Set it down and leave it, after a day or two of drying out pick it up. Solid and dry, and usually stuck to whatever it was setting on. Same thing happens to your papers and solids without liquid in the black tank. All that liquid help carry it all down the hose when you dump. I like to dump when the tank over half full, prefer 3/4 full. If a short weekend doesn't net that much in the tank, oh well I use the flush valve to fill it more or dump in some water down the toilet.

2020 Cougar Half Ton 29RKS Fifth Wheel
2019 F350 4WD Lariat SRW 6.7 Diesel SD
Anderson Ultimate 5th Hitch - JT Strongarm TST509 TPMS- 2200W(8)Solar Panels - 800AH BattleBorn Batteries. 3000W Victron MultiPlus II Inv. SoftStartRV on 2 AC’s - Predator 3500 generator Airlift 5000 bags
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 05:49 AM   #27
Fuzion 369

Closed. Wait until they are over half full at least. The flow will be a lot better to drain. Black first then grey to help rinse hose out.
Fuzion 369 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 06:45 AM   #28
H20loo

I find that a full tank evacuates better, so if I am on city water I will run the toilet until I think the black tank is full before emptying it. And if I am going to travel, I will put at least 5 gallons of water in the emptied tank to swish around while in transit. I also give my black tank a feed of dawn soap and some liquid fabric softener. This seems to keep the seals on my toilet lubricated and my black tank surfaces slippery. The effort is paid back with almost no odor from the toilet.
H20loo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2020, 11:38 PM   #29
KRumm

Similar to the Dawn dishwasher liquid technique I make a point of on the black tank dump before a travel day I have the black tank flush water running and then I close the black tank valve and let water run for ~20 seconds to fill the black tank with a gallon or two of water... Then I go inside to the bathroom where I keep a tub of citrus dishwasher tabs - I throw a tab down the toilet... Then on the drive the soapy water can slosh around giving it a good rinse... The same can be done with the galley/shower tanks by dropping a citrus dishwasher tab in the sink and let the water run til the tab dissolves...
KRumm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
waste tank, water