Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 08-05-2019, 04:27 PM   #1
Apalinto

Furrion Vision S Side Running Light Cameras

Greetings to the group. I installed a Furrion rear vision camera on our Cougar 315RLS 5th Wheel and it feeds onto a 7" screen inside our tow vehicle. This system works great and as a bonus, I can keep an eye on my little Honda Trail Bike mounted on the rear hitch

Now we are looking at installing the side cameras which actually replace existing running lights with lights that have the cameras integrated into them.

I have read the reviews and they are mixed. Really want these but I thought I would reach out to the group to see if anyone has had experience with these. Some reviews say they don't work with LED running lights? I have also read that the camera units require additional holes to be drilled because they don't line up with the original holes. I am also targeting the forward running lights which may come too close to my propane access doors.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...V9KR5FA0MWERDX

As always, I appreciate the feedback of the group.
Apalinto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2019, 09:09 AM   #2
Droid1962

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apalinto View Post
Greetings to the group. I installed a Furrion rear vision camera on our Cougar 315RLS 5th Wheel and it feeds onto a 7" screen inside our tow vehicle. This system works great and as a bonus, I can keep an eye on my little Honda Trail Bike mounted on the rear hitch

Now we are looking at installing the side cameras which actually replace existing running lights with lights that have the cameras integrated into them.

I have read the reviews and they are mixed. Really want these but I thought I would reach out to the group to see if anyone has had experience with these. Some reviews say they don't work with LED running lights? I have also read that the camera units require additional holes to be drilled because they don't line up with the original holes. I am also targeting the forward running lights which may come too close to my propane access doors.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...V9KR5FA0MWERDX

As always, I appreciate the feedback of the group.
I have the side marker cameras and rear observation camera on my 44’ keystone toy hauler. The cameras work great, but I am having a problem with the screen staying on the view all 3 cameras at same time. It won’t stay selected so my wife has to scroll through the views list to set on the view I need at the time. I’ll be calling furrion this week as I have a trip next week.
I’ll post my findings and fix after I talk to them.
Droid1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 07:02 PM   #3
Jim2366

I found your post and it was the same question that I wanted to ask. I am looking at the one shown below that is listed on Amazon. Is it hard to install?

Furrion Vision S 7 Inch, 4 camera Wireless RV Backup System with Infrared Night Vision and Wide Viewing Angles: 1 Rear Camera, 2 Side Cameras, and 1 Door Way Security Sharkfin Camera - FOS07TAPT
Jim2366 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2019, 07:30 PM   #4
Droid1962

Hi Jim
The system is pretty easy to install. I didn’t install the backup camera, the dealership did that one. I added the two side marker camera’s and it was simple. Took me about 15 minutes
Old 11-07-2019, 07:32 PM   #5
Droid1962

I’m pretty happy with my system. They’re not perfect but, towing a 44’ toy hauler, they make me feel a little safer. Great for your blind spot.
Old 11-07-2019, 07:36 PM   #6
Droid1962

Quote:
Originally Posted by Droid1962 View Post
I have the side marker cameras and rear observation camera on my 44’ keystone toy hauler. The cameras work great, but I am having a problem with the screen staying on the view all 3 cameras at same time. It won’t stay selected so my wife has to scroll through the views list to set on the view I need at the time. I’ll be calling furrion this week as I have a trip next week.
I’ll post my findings and fix after I talk to them.
Update. Furrion told me my version of monitor didn’t allow the quad view to stay on. So after a few emails and conversations on the phone, the rep sent me a newer monitor that allows the quad view at no expense to me, and also said I could keep my original monitor. I’m very pleased with their customer support
Old 11-08-2019, 03:30 PM   #7
Apalinto

Thanks for your reply Droid. I am going to invest in these. My trailer is only 35.5 ft but I would like the visual assist. Maybe a dumb question, but did you mount yours on the most forward side marker lights?
Old 11-08-2019, 03:32 PM   #8
Droid1962

Yes, I put them on the forward lights. Now that I have two monitors, I may get two more and mount them on the rear marker lights.
Old 11-08-2019, 08:55 PM   #9
Apalinto

Thanks again Droid.

Old 11-09-2019, 03:22 AM   #10
xrated

For those of you that haven't purchased a camera system yet, I recently found an option that I am strongly leaning towards.

This system... https://www.haloview.com/haloview-7-...or-system.html

should quite easily take care of any issues that folks have experienced with drop out, especially on longer rigs that sometimes lose the signal when traveling at highway speeds. It may not be for everyone, as you will end up with a cable on the roof of your camper, from the rear to the front area, but hey, who sees the roof anyway except when you go up there to clean or make sure there is nothing on the slide out roof area before closing up the slides. Anyway, check it out if you are interested....it looks to be a good solution for drop out issues and to me, it just makes perfect sense to move the transmitter to the front of the trailer.....kind of a combination of wireless and hardwired, all in one.

I will say, I am NOT a fan of the Furrion camera systems, and have been looking for other options. My trailer is prepped for a Furrion mount on the rear, but many camera companies make adapter plates that you can purchase to still use the Furrion prep mounting location, with that company's camera system. Haloview does have that adapter also.

Disclaimer: I am not associated with Haloview in any way. I am simply another comsumer and not tied to any particular product. And NO, I have not tried this Haloview product personally, but a good chance that I will at some point.....maybe next spring before the start of camping season.
Excessive payload capacity is a wonderful thing

"If it ain't Fast....It ain't Fun"
xrated is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light