Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 11-01-2019, 11:26 AM   #1
ronheater70

Almost done winterizing-city water connection 2019 Cougar 369BH

Boy I gotta tell you, how much easier this Cougar is to winterize.. Some advice on here, switch a couple valves and let it go! My Only question is my city water connection. Typically I pressurize the pump and let it push out the city water connection. I use a screwdriver and push the valve in.. Is that what you do here with the 369BH?
Old 11-01-2019, 11:45 AM   #2
tech740

I don’t have that model but I use the outdoor faucet on mine that is in the wet bay. I just hook up my curly hose to the water inlet and open the cold faucet til antifreeze goes through. Same for my black tank flush.

2019 Ram 3500 6.7 HO, Aisin Trans 3:73
Reese Goosebox
2019 Sandpiper 379FLOK
tech740 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 11:52 AM   #3
Eastham

I also have a cougar and the instructions say after pumping antifreeze threw the lines open the low point drains to relieve pressure then to remove the washer with the screen on the fresh water inlet push in on the valve to empty the water. So far this is how I have done it and a little water comes out.i don't know if it is necessary but I also use a hand pump and pump a few pumps into the fresh water inlet and the black tank flush inlet.
Eastham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2019, 12:01 PM   #4
ronheater70

Thanks guys.. Haven't used the black tank flush nor freshwater tanks, just city water. Once it was all primed I just pulled the screen on the city water connection and let it shoot to for a few seconds now I know its got some in there.. The b;ack tank crush is interesting though Now Im thinking I can't recall if we tried it or not.. Only had it out 5 times or so.. Hmmmmmmm

Tags
cougar, water, winter, winterizing