Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Community Forums > Campgrounds & Destinations
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2018, 05:55 AM   #1
Campy

Place to stay near Branson MO

Looking for campgrounds near Branson that will accept my big 5th wheel. There is something wonky going on with the Good Sam web site and their campground map keeps popping up ads making it impossible to use.
Old 06-14-2018, 06:27 AM   #2
JSquared

Branson is our “backyard”. When not in our timeshare or a family members lake house, we like to stay at the campground in the Port Of Kimberling Marina in Kimberling City. It’s about 20ish minutes west of Branson. Table Rock State Park would be a good one as well.

2016 Bullet 287QBS
2017 Chevrolet Colorado Z71 Duramax
JSquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:07 AM   #3
chuckster57
Site Team

We stayed at the KOA. Very nice, friendly staff. We were able to buy tickets to shows in the clubhouse and they provided shuttle service.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:18 AM   #4
Andy R
Site Team

A sister site to this forum is RV Park Reviews. Soon you will be able to login to RV Park Reviews with your Keystone Forum user/pass.

Click this link to see Campgrounds in Branson sorted by highest rated.
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 07:39 AM   #5
Campy

Thanks, i'm checking those out now...…..
Old 06-14-2018, 07:45 AM   #6
Andy R
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Campy View Post
Thanks, i'm checking those out now...…..
www.campgroundreviews.com is an excellent source to find great campgrounds. It's been online for nearly 20 years and has very thorough reviews from other RVers. It's a great resource to bookmark and check before any stay.

Please consider contributing to RV Park Reviews as well. The more perspectives we get from RVers the better the resource will be!
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 09:02 AM   #7
limit4

Take a look at Table rock State Park, campground #2. Many full hookup sites with nice long level sites, concrete pads. The only negative would be that they are not real shady. #226 is our favorite. 3 miles to Branson and 7 miles to Silver Dollar City. A wonderful hiking trail.
Old 06-14-2018, 09:15 AM   #8
Retired Copper

Love RV Park Review and use it all the time.
Equalizer 4 pt.
Retired Copper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 10:31 AM   #9
travelin texans

RVparkreviews is not only a great source for finding parks/campgrounds, but reading some of the reviews gives me a good laugh. This person gave a particular park 1 star because "they didn't furnish free dog poop bags", 1 star due "the FREE WiFi was too weak to stream Netflix" or "too much highway noise".
If you have a dog buy your own bags, if you are counting on Netflix/WiFi for your viewing choice set yourself up to do so & I'd guess 90% of the privately owned parks are near the highway or railroad tracks plus if it were 5 miles off the highway they'd complain about having to drive too far.
My point is, don't skip staying somewhere due to some of the lame excuses reviewers give on there, it's a great travel tool.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 06:05 PM   #10
ledunn

We stay at the KOA. Easy to get to. If you get a premium pull-through they are nice size sites, cost 54.50, but they do have free pancakes every morning. Friendly staff, nice pool. Have stayed at ABC, mostly large sites but harder to level. Enjoy your trip wherever you stay.
2014 Ram 3500 6.7 4x4 Mega Cab
2018 Cougar 369BHS
ledunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2018, 08:41 PM   #11
sourdough
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by travelin texans View Post
RVparkreviews is not only a great source for finding parks/campgrounds, but reading some of the reviews gives me a good laugh. This person gave a particular park 1 star because "they didn't furnish free dog poop bags", 1 star due "the FREE WiFi was too weak to stream Netflix" or "too much highway noise".
If you have a dog buy your own bags, if you are counting on Netflix/WiFi for your viewing choice set yourself up to do so & I'd guess 90% of the privately owned parks are near the highway or railroad tracks plus if it were 5 miles off the highway they'd complain about having to drive too far.
My point is, don't skip staying somewhere due to some of the lame excuses reviewers give on there, it's a great travel tool.
Anymore most parks run very slow wifi speeds. We don't watch regular TV - wastes TOO much of our time with ads etc. We do however stream Netflix when we can. Most parks now limit that ability. When we stay for long periods I have the local company install my own internet service....super. No crap with overloaded bandwidth, obscure antennas etc.

Anyone complaining about highway noise, when choosing a campground on an interstate....well.
sourdough is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2018, 02:32 AM   #12
ctbruce
Site Team | Emeritus

We just spent 4 nights at Stagecoach RV Park. Very nice people, clean, pool, playground, large area to walk the dogs (no fence) and popular breakfast and lunch restaurant on site. They take Passoprt America. Across street and close to the entrance to Table Rock State Park. We will stay here again.

Chip Bruce, RPh
Kansas City, MO
2016 Impact 312
2017 Silverado 3500HD SRW
ctbruce is offline   Reply With Quote