Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-15-2021, 12:03 PM   #1
Dd48

Unhappy Reverse Polarity

Hi there, I thought I would jump on here and see if anybody could help with the issue we're having. So we pulled our trailer out of storage this year and the reverse polarity fuses popped as soon as my husband tried to attach the battery. So we noticed in the seven-way junction box, attached to the battery, one of the Nut & Bolt combos wasn't tight and it seemed to be stripped. It was rusted really bad and it would just spin so my husband felt like that might be causing it. So he went out and bought a new junction box, and I double checked on here from last year's threads about what size amperage we should have in our reverse polarity. When he had the junction box fixed, he went and put fuses back in and again as soon as he tried to hook the battery up it popped the fuses and that was that. I don't know if anybody can help but any help would be greatly appreciated as we leave for camping tomorrow and we won't be able to run the battery which means we can't run the propane in order to keep our fridge cold while we're traveling(or the power hitch Lol). We truly are out of our depth here and we don't know what else to do. Help!
Dd48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 12:07 PM   #2
chuckster57
Site Team

And legally you can’t tow your trailer without a battery installed.

What color are the battery leads and how many are there?

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 01:58 PM   #3
Dd48

There's a white line coming in which goes to negative, it's attached to the frame. The black wire is the positive but there's also a black wire coming from the electric jack. I am assuming that hooks up to the positive as well. There's three wires, one white and two black. I hope this makes sense. I tried to charge the battery on my battery charger it flashed ELO. The trailer works when it's plugged in but every time I try to hook up the battery it keeps on popping the two fuses, the reverse polarity fuses. I hope this makes sense, lol
Old 06-15-2021, 02:14 PM   #4
chuckster57
Site Team

I suspect your battery is the issue. Get a new one. The wires make total sense to me.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2021, 02:46 PM   #5
Dd48

Okay will do, we kind of suspected that we just didn't want to do it if that wasn't the issue. Thanks again.