Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2021, 08:04 AM   #1
Red14

Vent Crank

After only a few trips we have a issue with the metal crank on our bathroom vent lid. The small metal crank won’t close all the way. I manually got it sealed close and After buying new cranks now it also won’t open. I’m assuming something is stripped but curious as to if anyone has had any issues similar .

Thanks in advance

Keystone Hideout 176BH
Red14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2021, 08:24 AM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

The foam gasket around the plastic lid will sometimes "stick to the vent flange" and prevent it from opening. When one of mine does that, rather than "stress and possibly break" the linkage, I remove the screen and push up on the dome while turning the handle. Then I use some "rubber conditioner" to coat the foam as well as use a paper towel wetted with some alcohol to clean the vent flange. That usually helps prevent it from sticking for a few weeks.

I would not suggest "strong arming the vent open"... That's a sure way to have to buy a new handle and/or new linkage.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent