Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 05-15-2021, 05:25 PM   #21
chuckster57
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CedarCreekWoody View Post
Manufacturers instructions say to always begin the autolevel process with a nose high position, not level.
Can you provide a link? AFAIK, starting autolevel nose low only disables “hitch height” memory.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 05:45 PM   #22
CedarCreekWoody

Page 6 of the manual:

NOTE: In order for hitch recognition feature to function, the auto level sequence MUST be started with the front of the unit above level.

You may be right and only the hitch recognition is disabled.
2019 Ram 2500, 4x4, Cummins diesel
Andersen hitch
CedarCreekWoody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2021, 06:35 PM   #23
chuckster57
Site Team

LCI issued an instructional DVD with every unit that had GC 3.0 at the beginning. As part of my PDI, I used it to check the DVD player. Watched/listened to it more times than I ever wanted to LOL. In the video the narrator says if you start nose low, when you hit auto reconnect it will display “feature disabled”.

Try it and let me know please.

2012 Copper Canyon 273FWRET being towed by a 1994 Ford F350 CC,LB,Dually diesel.
Airlift 5000 bags, Prodigy brake control, 5 gauges on the pillar.Used to tow a '97 Jayco 323RKS.

Now an RVIA registered tech. Retired from Law enforcement in 2008 after 25+ yrs.
chuckster57 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2021, 03:42 AM   #24
Cougar 32

I manually bring the nose up with the tongue jack. Then hit auto hitch height. Does it really matter if you manually raise it or stand there and watch it go up on its own? What matters most to me is when I hit auto level, it does what it should.
Cougar 32 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 07:53 AM   #25
Larrylane

I always make sure my RV is fairly level side to side before attempting to unhook. I try to keep the distance from the top of the ground/blocks to the jack pads fairly even before using the outlevel. In 5 years I only had one error and I assume it was because the RV was way out of level side to side.
Larrylane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 08:06 AM   #26
rlh1957

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsb5717 View Post
So, I've read many threads on the various issues folks have re: their leveling systems. I'm not sure what to make of mine.

It err's out randomly and intermittently. It's never an out-of-stroke error. It can happen when I'm loading the trailer or unloading the trailer. I guess it's typically when I'm lowering the front jacks for either.

It will just say there was an error and I need to retract either:

• all the jacks
  • left rear jack
  • right rear jack
  • rear jacks

Any of these are a possibility. It will tell me to press and hold "Retract" to retract all jacks. If I do that it will stop and give the same error. If I try to retract just the rear jacks it will sometimes stop (not always) and then tell me to retract either the left or right rear jack, even after they are fully retracted. I've also tried to manually retract the rear jacks until fully seated but will still receive a rear jack error.

I will then just level it manually and leave it alone. After several days or a week I'll retract all jacks and it will reset and Auto Level will work again. Then when I'm back to loading or unloading the trailer it will err out again and I start all over.

I always plug into shore power before operating the jacks. I've got 3 emails into Lippert with no response.

Any thoughts?

I called the tech number from my campsite and the Lippert tech talked me through each step to resolve the error message and beeping. He spoke to me calmly as if he was a friend helping another and not a tech that I had imposed on.
As with many circuit board and electronics designs sometimes they experience random events... if it is recurring the next step is they replace faulty part.
rlh1957 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 08:17 AM   #27
JDDilly

The first time I used ours, I got an out of stroke error. I made 6 blocks, one for each jack, that are about 6" high. I put them under each jack and have not had and issue since.

Jim and Carole
Roseville, MN
2018 RAM 3500 Dually, Diesel, Long Box - 2020 Montana HC 381TH Anniversary Edition
JDDilly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 05:40 PM   #28
Skillet92

I have a 19 Laredo 367bh. Mine did this a few times when I first bought the camper. It's not hard to reset but it's aggravating to keep having to do it. After playing with the system and reading time of information I found that mine was more of a voltage issue.

I have a friend that has Dakota batteries for his boat. Last winter when he was not using his boat I borrowed one of his batteries for multiple trips. Not a single issue. These batteries stay at 12.8 volts and have plenty of power when they are being demanded by the leveling system. They do not like to drop below their nominal voltage.

The 100amp hr deep cycle is expensive, 895, but in my opinion well worth it. I am deployed at the moment but will be ordering one when I get home in July.
Skillet92 is offline   Reply With Quote