Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-21-2020, 02:05 PM   #1
Lous53

2016 bullet

I decided to purchase 2016 bullet 20 foot used. I was on private land and filled the water tank. My pump ran fine until the water level dropped then it stays on. Could it be I need new out side cap? No leaks that I could find inside or out.
Thank You,
LouAnn
Lous53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 02:50 PM   #2
skids

I wonder if a check valve failed. Is the water flowing through any faucets, toilet valve, or other to make the pump keep working?

Does the flow volume seem normal out of a faucet?

Check the inlet to the pump to make sure a hose didn't come off at the inlet side. If the antifreeze valve is still switched on (or partially) the pump will suck air and not reach shut-off pressure.
Old 05-21-2020, 03:14 PM   #3
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lous53 View Post
I decided to purchase 2016 bullet 20 foot used. I was on private land and filled the water tank. My pump ran fine until the water level dropped then it stays on. Could it be I need new out side cap? No leaks that I could find inside or out.
Thank You,
LouAnn
If the water level in the tank is lower than the pump pickup tube than it will just suck air and never shut off. Have you tried adding water to the tank?
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 05:41 AM   #4
Lous53

Quote:
Originally Posted by flybouy View Post
If the water level in the tank is lower than the pump pickup tube than it will just suck air and never shut off. Have you tried adding water to the tank?
The water is full. Used some water then the pump shut off. Then when used water again the pump didn’t shut off.s it was still full.
Old 05-25-2020, 05:45 AM   #5
Lous53

I will check the the antifreeze value.Is that on pump? I do not have any leaks in hoses or faucets.
Thank you
Old 05-25-2020, 06:13 AM   #6
skids

I just took my flojet apart and pulled lots of white plastic bits (from hole saw?) out of the diaphragms. I installed it and it was cycling on and off again. Then I opened all of the taps to reduce all resistance to flow and switched on the pump. All is well now.
Old 05-25-2020, 06:54 AM   #7
skids

Quote:
I will check the the antifreeze value.Is that on pump? I do not have any leaks in hoses or faucets.
Thank you
Typically they are installed very near the pump on the hose from the fresh water tank. If your pumps check valve is leaking, you will hear the water flowing backwards through the pump each time it shuts off. Also, it that is happening, when you hook up city water supply, it will leak through the pump and eventually overflow the fresh water tank. read the previous post as it might be an easy fix to run all the taps and clear the pump.
Old 05-25-2020, 08:06 AM   #8
travelin texans

Quote:
The water is full. Used some water then the pump shut off. Then when used water again the pump didn’t shut off.s it was still full.
Just because the gauge indicates the tank is full DOES NOT necessarily mean it's full, those are known to to be inaccurate regarding all your holding tanks.
Replacement undetermined
travelin texans is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bullet