Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 06-14-2020, 03:40 AM   #41
Bill-2020

Interesting. Proflex is a Sherwin-Williams company, in Elkhart, IN. I’ve never seen it on TV at 2am either, so it has to be good.
Bill-2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2020, 04:26 AM   #42
jhplak325

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill-2020 View Post
I agree with Skids, I have the same. John, obviously your Cougar is in a different class than some of the smaller TTs Keystone puts out, and it seems that exterior sealants is one of the products that is different. I have “thick” beads of smoothed-down clear sealant that looks and feels (and removes) like silicone. The only place there is none is the power inlet. That’s a Furrion product and it has a foam seal behind it (much like the outdoor outlet foam seals that don’t last as you mentioned earlier). I have access to a product that removes wet and cures silicone. DSR-5. I have not read up on it yet, so I don’t know what impact it has on plastics, paint or fiberglass/filon or whatever the sides on my Passport are exactly. It’s not cheap, we pay about $70 a gallon for it. I’ll leave what’s intact now and repair what needs it later.
I have a 2019 Cougar 34TBS that was built November 2018 and has clear sealant everywhere. So it isn’t just the smaller trailers using the clear sealant.

During PDI, noticed some sealant missing and the dealer had taken care of that, I had forgot to ask at that time wha three used and will find out in about a month when it goes in for some minor warranty items.
jhplak325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2020, 05:15 PM   #43
skids

I got some Geocel ProflexRV (I think) that is clear sealant. I applied it around a side marker lens several days ago and it adheared well. I will be using that stuff on the sider when they need it. The roof will get the white Dicor sealant as usual.