Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 05-14-2020, 08:33 AM   #21
rodgebone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark C View Post
After a lot of thought I woke up yesterday and I think I know what happen. I put a water hose on the flush line without a reduction valve. There fore I may have put too much pressure on the pipes going into the black tank. That may have caused the leak. I think we put the towel down before that because I don't remember anyone going back in the trailer. Thanks,
I have had this problem on and off for the last several months of full timing but quickly traced it to the black tank flush line under the sink. its just loose fittings/connections but i only get less than a 1/8 cup of leakage with each flush so havent bothered to tighten them up yet - i just put a drip bowl under the lines in the vanity for now. i think you hit the nail on the head with too much water pressure. some parks have higher pressure creating the leak while others dont. i dont yet run a regulator on my flush feed hose (just my city water) but will be getting one soon as I do a thorough flush once a week. id suggest you do a flush while watching these line connections to verify or dispel these connections as the source since it seems to be a common problem. i also agree you shouldnt caulk anything until you find the leak - you could be creating a much bigger issue
Old 05-14-2020, 06:12 PM   #22
PaulRod

Water leak

We experienced a water leak in our 2019 Cougar 29BHS. We had been away for a couple of weeks parked the rig when we got home. The next morning there was a sizeable puddle on the kitchen floor. I spent a while unscrewing things as the water made a trail. After about an hour I traced it to the fridge in the outdoor kitchen. With the power off it defrosted. I took it out of the rig and figured that the drain pan was not catching the drip. I carefully adjusted the pan back to factory spec to catch the water. (Ha Ha Ha) Never had the problem again.
PaulRod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2020, 06:56 PM   #23
legger99

Here is my experience from last summer/fall. We purchased a used Cougar 29BHS and it wasn't winterized properly as both the outside & tub faucets, and the plastic anti-syphon valve were cracked.

I replaced all of them, but figured I would put in a brass anti-syphon valve. Fast forward a month or so and I noticed the wood under the bathroom vanity was expanding from moisture (I would love to find a piece to replace it). I checked under the sink no sign of leaks, I checked under tub and figured it was running under there during use and coming out during travel, nope not the case also checked the roof, really was scratching my head.
brass valve: https://amazon.com/dp/B00467HJBQ/

What the problem ended up being was the brass anti-syphon valve. It requires a minimum pressure to run or else it leaks, as when I would start and stop and it would leak both times and also during if pressure was low.

I fixed it (probably not the right way) by putting a elbow in with a 1 way valve too (took the 1 way valve off the anti-syphon and the brass union)

Seemed to solve my problem and I also use another anti-backflow out by the hose connection so then it would take 2 valves to fail.

I did this on our last trip last year and haven't been able to confirm if there was any adverse effects to flushing, syphoning, etc.

At the time I had found some posts on either here or another forum of other people removing there's after having issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	brass-valve.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	271.6 KB
ID:	27319   Click image for larger version

Name:	elbow-installed.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	331.1 KB
ID:	27320  
legger99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 03:39 AM   #24
flybouy
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulRod View Post
We experienced a water leak in our 2019 Cougar 29BHS. We had been away for a couple of weeks parked the rig when we got home. The next morning there was a sizeable puddle on the kitchen floor. I spent a while unscrewing things as the water made a trail. After about an hour I traced it to the fridge in the outdoor kitchen. With the power off it defrosted. I took it out of the rig and figured that the drain pan was not catching the drip. I carefully adjusted the pan back to factory spec to catch the water. (Ha Ha Ha) Never had the problem again.
If I'm not going to run the fridge (inside or outside) I will unload and prop the door open a little. Stops mold and let's the air evaporate any moisture.
flybouy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
floor, sink, water