Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-30-2007, 12:53 PM   #1
sawtelle

Montanna Problems

The last time I used the trailer I went to the mountains in NC. There I met 2 other couples with newly purchased Montanna trailers. Both of these couples indicated that they had similar problems with service from different dealers. One of the couples purchased their trailer at the same dealership as I did and obviously the other was purchased else where, but all are in NC.
Problems consisted of long delays in receiving parts and poor quality of workmanship. The factory did not seem willing to cooperate in expiditing the work. As some other person put it when you spend that much money you would expect better after the sale work than the Keystone dealers seem to provide.
sawtelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2009, 09:25 PM   #2
Trailer Trash2

sounds like a bad dealer, that has a bad parts man ordering for them. I do know that Montana does not have an inventory of parts sitting on the shelf, they have to order all parts from there distributers then mail it to the dealer thats why it take so long most of the time.
when I had a brake in on the Monty it took a month to get the new window then it had to be installed.
Old 09-06-2009, 02:37 PM   #3
5er

I have to disagree with Trailer Trash.
I have been to the Keystone Service Department and they do carry a size able inventory and ship within a few days of the dealers order. There in lies the problem; the dealers order. Way to many dealers parts departments order in a timely fashion. Often they will hold an order until they get enough parts together to cut down on the cost of shipping. I absolutely know of a couple dealers that even waited for a new Keystone RV to be delivered and had THEIR transporter pick up the parts and deliver them with the new RV. This way there was no shipping costs. It created a delay of nearly 8 weeks of the parts getting in.
This DEALER created delay can be proven out rather easily. If your dealer has insisted that he ordered the parts and stands by that even after weeks of waiting do this:
At this time ask for his Purchase Order Number of his order to Keystone. If he hesitates or can't find it you can bet he never ordered it. If he does give you a PO# call Keystone and ask for a disposition on that order. You may find Keystone knows nothing about any such order or the order may be on hold for a number of reason including a credit hold.
5er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2009, 04:28 PM   #4
richfaa

5er's post is right on. We have also been to the Keystone service center..more than once. They do have sizable inventory of parts but primarily centered on the common items that they use at the service center to repair the many brands that Keystone manufacturers. We have been walked trough the order procedure from the incoming order from the dealer by phone or on line . The normal procedure is.. Dealer to Keystone, Keystone to Vendor, vendor to Keystone, Keystone to Dealer.Parts shipped from Keystone service center to the dealer. The majority of vendors wll NOT ship directly to you. When the dealer places a order for you ..you should get a copy of the order invoice. As 5er points out in many cases the dealer is the problem.Since we are out of warranty we do not bother with the dealer. We first call the vendor and see if they will ship direct to the home address. If not I call keystone and order the part myself. If the vendor will only ship to a dealer you can have them ship it to your local dealer OR the nearest Keystone dealer.....there is more than one way to skin a cat...
richfaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2009, 01:08 PM   #5
heathie49

When we bought our 3400RL and brought it home we realized the one piece composite counter top was cracked at the sink, we had it replaced it took about eight weeks. I think it depends on the time of the year as well. Our dealer had the counter top but since it was in the spring we had a hard time getting the appointment for such a big job. They had our RV for 3 to 4 weeks to relplace it. Did nice work though and everything is fine, Keystone handled it wonderfully. Dealer did good too, just bad timing for us. They were very nice and gave us free stuff and coupons to help with the inconvience.
heathie49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 07:18 AM   #6
Trailer Trash2

5er.
As far as being prompt and Keystone supplying parts go, Its nice to be able to go to Keystones supply wherehouse and have the employee tell you they dont have a problem with delivery, and the same saying goes for the dealer repair, they feed the same story as Keystone, it's called passing the buck. It reminds me of a city, county, or government employee responce to a problem.
Its a shame that Keystone wont take our money for an order on parts, they could make more money that way, but I must go through a Montana dealer for parts and hope that they ordered the right parts or that Keystone decifered the request order properly. as for getting a order number, that might fly for you at your dealer, but each dealer opperates differantly and have there own rules, because they are the only place in the area that parts or service can be received. I just dont feel like driving several hundred miles to get service from another autherised Keystone dealer.
Not all of the manufactures will work with there customers for sales or repair, of there products sold to Keystone, I will have to go to the dealer where I purchased my Montana, example Day Night Shades I had issues with there product, they directed me to the RV dealer to get them fixed. three weeks later I received my shades at 72.00 each for repair an excelant job too by the way.
Ah............ Well, this is what I have experanced with all involved repaires in MY location.

END