Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 06-27-2011, 02:49 PM   #1
Houndie Dog

Montana 3750FL Air Mattress Goof

My In-laws tried to use thier air mattress this weekend and found that it was way larger than the couch when it was inflated in the 3750FL.
I was under the impression that all of the air mattresses were the same size, but found out that the 3750FL has an air mattress that is made just for that particular couch and it is a bit smaller than the norm.
The dealer wasn't even aware of this but the Montana rep knew about it.
The rep said they had some 3750's roll off the line with the wrong air mattress' installed.
Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who has a 3750FL and has not tried to used the mattress yet, you might want to check it out because it may be the wrong one.
Hensly TS3 trailer-saver hitch
KVH TracVision R4SL
3 Basset Hounds "Lucy, Ethel, & Fred"
https://i809.photobucket.com/albums/z...vado/coach.jpg
Houndie Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2011, 01:31 PM   #2
CORATTLER

Excellent advice!
Anyone buying a new RV should have a "shakedown trip" where every item is tested, drawer opened, faucet run, etc.
This is in addition to a complete Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) done by you BEFORE signing any paperwork. It's good business and items found that need correcting need to be documented and signed by the dealer representative and the buyer with copies for each. This way there is no miscommunication.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndie Dog View Post
Just wanted to give a heads up to anyone who has a 3750FL and has not tried to used the mattress yet, you might want to check it out because it may be the wrong one.
Prodigy P2 Tekonsha Brake Controller

2010 Montana 3150RL Hickory Edition/Emerald Isle
Bridgestone Duravis R250 tires
Progressive Industries HW50C Electrical Management System
Dual 6 volt coach batteries
Honda 2000i

My Faithful Friend
CORATTLER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 09:01 AM   #3
jgrade

Shakedown Trip

Actually with a Keystone many shakedown trips may be needed. 1st trip refridgerator was not working LPop error message. This was covered under a Dometic recall. Why was rig delivered if a recall existed on the refridgerator? Rear bedromm door was missing also. We didn't even notice until we were at the campsite.
2nd trip the converter appears to not be working and won't charge batteries with 30 amp hookup or 5500 watt Onan generator. We also found the living room air matterss way too large. Found numerous compartment locks not working. R/F landing gear stop pin jammed and the refridgerator still dispalying the same fault code occasionally (may be tied to the converter problem). On the bright side the my 2011 Ford F-350 6.7 has been flawless and 11.5 to 13.5 MPG towing.
jgrade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 08:22 AM   #4
dbunn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Houndie Dog View Post
My In-laws tried to use thier air mattress this weekend and found that it was way larger than the couch when it was inflated in the 3750FL.
I was under the impression that all of the air mattresses were the same size, but found out that the 3750FL has an air mattress that is made just for that particular couch and it is a bit smaller than the norm.
The dealer wasn't even aware of this but the Montana rep knew about it.
The rep said they had some 3750's roll off the line with the wrong air mattress' installed.
Did Keystone send you the right air matress? I would like to know what you were able to do to remedy this situation. I seem to have the same issue with our new 3750FL. Thanks!
dbunn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 01:00 PM   #5
LI Happy amper

Air mattress

I have the same issue with my 2012 Keystone Alpine 3500RE. Air mattress is too big for couch. I have to lay on it while inflating to keep inside of armrests but as soon as I get up it pops up above armrests. Waiting to see Keystones response also. Have had great results with Keystone in the past.
LI Happy amper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2011, 02:42 PM   #6
geo

May not be Keystone

OK, I'll probably gets flames for this, but it may not be Keystone. The couch in our Alpine has an air bed. Actually, the air bed fits the flip-out couch well, and the bed is short but comfortable. But the couch, manufactured by Flair Industries is poorly constructed. Seams are pulling out of the seat cushion and it is just NOT comfortable! Yes, Keystone is responsible for putting in a cheap couch, but they may not have put in the air bed. That would be Flair.

We are seriously thinking about pitching this couch for a new one. My question is, should I really try to sell this #%&?*)" couch, or does the Forum think someone might be interested in the air bed and custom made sheets?

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2011, 06:48 AM   #7
dbunn

geo,

No flames. The issue on the 3750 may be different than what you are describing. The sofa goes the length of the camper front to rear. When the sofa is unfolded into a bed, it is designed so that the person lays their head the same way front to back. Many sleeper sofas fold out to where a person lays across or from side to side of the camper with their head at the cushion backs of the sofa. The ;long ways is between the arm rests - the eproblem is that the arm rests are narrower than the length of the inflated air mattress. I will call Keystone when I get an opportunity, but I am deployed to Afghan right now and the time difference and calling customer service can get tricky. I have emailed them (2 months ago) but received no response.
Old 09-15-2011, 07:51 AM   #8
SAABDOCTOR

No flames

WOW I AM LUCKY MY 3750 HAS THE RIGHT AIR MATRESS HOWEVER I AGREE IT IS UNCOMFORTABLE. I TOOK MINE OUT MODIFIED IT SO IT WILL SIT FLAT ON THE FLOOR AND PUT IT IN THE LOFT ABOVE MY GARAGE. I PUT TO RECLINERS IN PLACE OF THE COUCH. IN SEVENTH HEVEN NOW. DID NOT NEED THE EXTRA SLEEPING SPACE MY WIFE STILL LOVES ME.
SAABDOCTOR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 09:31 AM   #9
dbunn

SAABDOCTOR,

I will trade you air mattresses....:^)
Old 09-19-2011, 05:05 PM   #10
jvee1985

We had the same problem with our 3750 I have not yet received our new mattress but if it's not as big as the one we have we will not give up ours my son inlaw is 6'4" so shorter won't work for me or should I say him, I'm pretty comfy in the king size bed!
jvee1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 05:58 AM   #11
LovinLife

Air mattress

Thanks for the heads up on the air mattress issue. We just traded our bunkhouse 345qbq in on a 3750fl and ordered two couches with air mattresses instead of the L-shape couch for two reasons. We can sleep our children and/or grandchildren plus without the L couch we can fit a recliner at the top of the steps to the left. Will definitely check out those mattresses first thing when we pick up the unit. Are there any other issues we should be aware of ?
LovinLife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2011, 09:57 PM   #12
dbunn

Check the grey and black tanks labeling. Mine and a neighbors were mislabeled.
Old 10-14-2011, 09:59 PM   #13
dbunn

Also search the forum for 3750fl or view my previous posts (not alot) and you will see a more detailed experience I have had....some of it my fault. Oh and watch that master bedroom door when closing the slide. The dealer broke mine and my neighbor had the same issue when he got his from the dealer. Have somebody watch it or hold it shut when the slides are moving.