Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 05-19-2011, 05:23 AM   #1
bdaniel

My Problems So Far

Just thought I would share with others the problems I have had so far with my unit. There is nothing structural yet and we still like our Copper Canyon.

1. I extended the power awning and it would not retrieve. The motor clicks but will not run.
2. One of the tires leaks about 2 lbs per day. I checked the pressure when I got the unit home and this tire had 35 lbs instead of 65lbs. I don't know what the pressure was when it was towed from the factory to Raleigh, NC.
3. A drawer and the tall skinny shelf slid out and twisted off the slide rails. They were definitely shut before travel but the locking mechanism is very weak. And the slide rails are cheap and undersized.
4. The shower stall was not sealed at the top along the wall. I sealed that. The first time I took a shower the shower head twisted and sprayed water on the wall. Had I not sealed the top of the stall I would have had a flood behind the shower. However I still have water leaking into the storage area from the wall behind the shower. The water control knob assembly is simply bolted to the stall with 4 screws with a hole roughly cut into the stall behind the assembly for the plumbing. Water is getting behind the assembly. That is shoddy workmanship. That should have putty tape and caulk. I will probably fix that as I don't trust the dealer to get it right.

Bobby
bdaniel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 07:01 AM   #2
hankaye

bdaniel, Howdy;

About the only suggestions I have for you (at the moment), are;

Check the valve stems in the tires. sometimes they don't get screwed in tight enough.
Also, a bead of silicone sealant across the top and down the sides of the shower control will help eliminate that leakage. Don't seal the bottom as that allows air to get in and help "ventilate" the area (so I was told).

Only suggestions ....

hankaye

Home: 2008 Cougar 278 RKS
T.V.: 2004 F-250 4X4, Level III BulletProofed , Detroit Tru-Track Differential (915A550)
Dog: 2006 Border Collie (Rascal) aka Maximum fur dispersal unit. (08/04/2006 - 12/16/2017) RIP.
hankaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 08:19 AM   #3
albertr

Problems so far

Had a problem with losing air pressure and eventually found air leaking through the aluminum rim. Bad casting.
albertr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2011, 02:28 PM   #4
Lack of HP

tire leak,

had the same issue, one with my previous cougar 291rls I had the rim leak. On my current Cougar 327res I had a tire that lost air about the same way you are talking about. CW found a screw in the side wall that had been there evidently since they towed it. they said it was low when it was delivered and they filled it up. Low when I picked it up and leaked half flat within two days. they put me on a new tire and wheel. Good luck on the water leak. I have fought this since I had mine, finally got it I hope. Have a great summer.
Lack of HP is offline   Reply With Quote