Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 12-02-2010, 07:57 AM   #1
Brett

Springdale 5thwheel

My wife and I are looking at the springdale 279fwrlssr 5thwheel. After reading some of the post on here I'm a little skeptical, but I felt the same way about my truck after reading post on a site for diesels, and it has been a great truck. Has anyone had a springdale and both good and bad issues. Thanks in advance.
Brett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2010, 11:42 AM   #2
moutard2

You get what you pay for!

Our 1st trailer was a 2008 Springdale and it was exactly what it claimed to be ... an entry level RV. It's built no better nor worse than any other trailer in it's class. As long as the specifications, floorplan, etc. meet your needs then go for it.
moutard2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2010, 06:08 AM   #3
rwm1313

springdale is a great unit for the price.

The newer Springdales have more bells and whistles on them now then they did a few years ago which has driven the price up a little but they are a great straight forward trailer. For a stick and tin I would take a Springdale above the other ones out there hands down.
rwm1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2011, 07:00 PM   #4
kingji

New Springdale owner.

I pretty much knew what i was buying. Our previous fifth wheel was also an entry level camper. We used it for 11 years before trading it in on the Springdale 279. I was wanting to get a more expensive model but really didn't want to spend the addition $7000-$8000 for a camper we normally use 3-4 tmes a year. I guess if we were retired and spent more time on the road it would probably be a good investment. I think if you take care of even the entry level units you'll be more that satisfied. I don't have any regrets so far..
Jimmy King
kingji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2011, 06:17 AM   #5
Retired_Jim

Smile Pleased Springdale owner

Brett. We have had our 2010 Springdale travel trailer now 10 months and are extremely pleased. We bought this Keystone trailer following our older Jayco. The value added features, power jack, power stabilizers, power awning, wider slide, entertainment system, and better appliances sold us. We have camped 20 plus nights with no problems. Most recently while winterized, using shore power we have spent nights in Dec. and January with outside temps 15-20 degrees using a space heater and furnace assist with no problems. Other than a power jack replacement (under warranty) all systems are working fine. I am reading and learning about all the various maintenance and repair techniques, but so far have not needed to apply any fixes. In our pre-purchase inspection we were treated well by our local dealer and we felt they shared our interest in making sure everything from the factory was working before we took delivery. Good luck shopping.

2006 GMC Yukon XL
2010 Keystone Springdale 266RLSSR
Retired_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:59 PM   #6
kingji

Smile Questionable Springdale Purchase

Just wondering if you purchased the Springdale 279. I used mine in January on hunting trip and was really pleased. I recently added some Bal Loc Arm landing gear supports and that really stiffened up the rocking in the camper. I think we're really going to enjoy the Springdale this year.
Jimmy King
kingji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 05:30 AM   #7
Flyguy

We just traded our TT for a 2005 Springdale 249FBH 5ver and although the only trip we have had was from the dealer to home it pulled nice and we had no trouble with sway even though the wind was blowing pretty good. I have been crawing all over it doing mods and it's quite easy to access everything on it. So far we love the trailer.
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote