Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 03-30-2014, 11:11 AM   #1
bonnieg

2006 Slides Stuck and 2014 Too Heavy

Bummer... Our 2006 Montana 2955RL slides won't budge on a fully charged battery so we went looking at new Montana 3402 model... Our 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab 4WD LTZ Standard Box can't take the hitch (payload) weight.

Latest Keystone Owners Manual Manufacturer refers us to instructions supplied with the unit but we purchased this model used and, thus, no paperwork.

Anything else we should be checking besides
1. checking for blown 12V fuse(s),
2. levels of transmission fluid, and
3. the auto reset breaker on the hydraulic pump?

I'll try calling customer service on Monday to see if they can supply 2006 instructions.
Thanks.
Bonnie
bonnieg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 12:00 PM   #2
Festus2
Site Team

Hello -
I wouldn't bother calling Keystone customer service about obtaining instructions for the slide. It is my guess that the manual for that year is no longer available on their website for downloading. In addition, I doubt very much if anyone there will trouble shoot your issue with you over the phone. Who knows, you might get lucky and talk to a service tech but don't hold your breath.

If you have a Lippert slide out, I would phone them rather than Keystone.

Or, you can go to Lippert's website (www.lci1.com) check for a manual there for downloading and printing.
Old 03-30-2014, 12:13 PM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Hydraulic systems haven't changed much over the years. If you go to the Lippert site and download their most current hydraulic slide manual and turn to the troubleshooting charts, they are pretty much applicable to any hydraulic slide. That will give you some good places to start looking for issues. I'd guess if you don't move your slides in and out very often, you may well have some stuck (hardened) o-ring seals in the actuator assemblies. They can be rebuilt for a LOT less than buying a new RV !!!

Most things that can go wrong with a hydraulic system are contained in the troubleshooting checklists. I'd start there and then, if you can't find anything this afternoon to get you up and moving, give Lippert customer support a call in the morning.

Good Luck

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote