Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 11-07-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
Ratchet Thunderbolt

Suburban SW12DE Hot Water Heater fix

We had our hot water go out on our 2012 Keystone Raptor this fall. It quit heating on the electric side but the gas side worked okay. It's still under the Suburban warranty coverage but I would still have to pay a tech $80/hour to diagnose and fix it plus the fuel and inconvenience of pulling the rig to the RV center for who knows how long.

With that being said I used the Suburban wiring diagram and did the trouble shooting myself, not to hard. I used a simple volt meter to complete the task. It ended up being the 'switch assembly 120V.A.C. T-Stat/Hi-limit'. The switch controls the temperature and hi temperature limit of the water. I purchased this from RV Parts Inc. for $20 plus shipping. It took me about an hour, I'm kind of slow, to complete the job. The switch I purchased had the 140 degree option so I have a little hotter water than the original 130 degree switch.

So if you're having issues with your hot water heater in your RV they're not to hard to work on. I hope this helps anyone trying to figure out if they want to DIY.

Doug
Ratchet Thunderbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2013, 03:12 PM   #2
instymp

IF...I were as gifted as you.
instymp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2013, 06:29 AM   #3
Roller4Tan

The Tstat on my suburban 6 gal. did the same thing. I replaced mine with the 140 degree one as well. Like you said wasn't difficult to diagnose or replace.
Roller4Tan is offline   Reply With Quote