Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 10-14-2013, 06:02 PM   #1
springdale2006

siding bulging while traveling

2006 springdale sideing bulding while driving down the interstate. does not appear to beany water damage. any repair suggestions?
springdale2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2013, 08:50 PM   #2
Ken / Claudia

Since it is bulging while traveling, it must be getting air forced into the sides between the walls and sliding? Look around the edges of the sides where the plastic trim is, remove it and check for loose screws. I have done that several times. And I replaced all loose screws with longer ones, make sure they can tighten up into the wood. It might be a good time to seal up the seams. I would ask if this is a new thing you see or always been that way, how long have you had the trailer? it may be normal what you are seeing.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:39 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by springdale2006 View Post
2006 springdale sideing bulding while driving down the interstate. does not appear to beany water damage. any repair suggestions?
Welcome to the forum. More information is definitely needed to offer any advice...

Imagine someone saying, "My car makes a funny noise, what's wrong?"

Your quesiton is legit, but you haven't given us enough information.

Does it bulge at the skin or is the whole side of the RV moving out? Are the fasteners tight or are they loose/torn from the siding? Are the fastener holes wearing and enlarging? Can you see any areas where the sealant is torn away from the siding and moldings? Is your RV 0.022 metal siding ( Oh too thin siding) or fiberglass/filon? Has there been any previous damage to the side of the RV or to the skin? Have you talked to any service facility about this problem/What did they suggest or suspect? Do you have any pictures of the siding, the screw holes in the siding, the sealant at the moldings in the area of concern?

More information please

Again, welcome.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
springdale2006

All of the screws in the corners are tight. the corners look good no screws have worn thorgh. i have had the trailer about 6 months and the bulge seems to get worse the more speed you pick up on the interstate. there is no sign of any water stains on the inside of the unit. i have read that the staples sometimes pull loose and cause this problem. the rof looks great and no soft spots. the unit has beenwell taken care ofjust now the side bulging. thank you for the help
springdale2006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 07:50 PM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

So is it the skin that is billowing out from the frame or is the entire side bowing out (frame and skin) ?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is online now   Reply With Quote