Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-22-2009, 04:47 PM   #1
Steve H

Roofs

Couldn't help but join when I saw under the "Last Post" column for Springdales "NEVER".

Anyway...anyone walk on their "no walk" Springdale roof? I got some conflicting information...the manual says the roof is a no walker yet my unit has a ladder. The information I got was that Springdales are made in two locations...somewhere in the midwest and somewhere in Oregon, I believe. Apprently the units manufactured in Oregon come with ladders and can support limited "roof walking" if you weigh 200 lbs or less.

Anyone have the straight scoop?

PS The DW and I love our Springdale. It was a great purchase that fits both our needs and budget! No problems to date.
1989 Sporty
Steve H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2009, 03:32 PM   #2
kaine

oregon state requires rear ladders not sure why,indiana built springdales do not i know in indiana u can walk on the roof as it is built with 1/2 inch decking and rafters every 16 inches however keystone does not recomend this. i would not put anything up there just to be safe but i have seen at least five adults on one roof at a single time
kaine is offline   Reply With Quote