Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 07-03-2013, 05:46 AM   #1
benay

Alpine GFCI won't reset - frig now on propane

The GFCI on our 2010 Alpine 3500RE will not reset. The GFCI reset outlet is in the bathroom and the kitchen outlets as well as the frig are on the same circuit. This happened 2 years ago and fixed itself some way - now happened again. Would like to know what's going on this time and keep it from happening again. Cannot find a wiring diagram anywhere to show if there is a fuse somewhere that could be causing this or something else. RV has been parked for 2 weeks here so nothing happened while towing. Thanks for any ideas.
benay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2013, 06:07 AM   #2
Javi

If you have shore power to the trailer; disconnect it for a couple of minutes then re-connect. Now go to GFI and hit TEST button, then hit RESET button.

If no shore power currently; connect to shore power and hit TEST button, then hit RESET button..

If it doesn't regain power... you either have a ground fault or a bad GFI plug...
Old 07-23-2013, 05:52 PM   #3
livefreeordie

I have 2011 model and just arrived in AL for work assignment. Have exactly the same issue. No luck with Dometic so I have a mobile RV tech coming friday. In the mean time I am on propane as well. replaced GFCI and that was not issue, was told it is either a bad connection at outlet, or possibly the heater shorting out. had no idea the fridge was causing that GFCI to pop until I plugged coach in to start fridge before trip. Kept tripping both Coach GFCI and House recepticle. Good luck and see who gets the best fix first...then let the other know !
livefreeordie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #4
JRTJH
Site Team

If you unplug the refrigerator does the GFCI still trip?

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 02:34 PM   #5
geo

Just to throw my two cents in ...

Yes, do check the campground pedestal's ground, if it's open or connected to neutral, it could be the problem.

However - and more scary - disconnect your shore line from both the pedestal and the Alpine. Now carefully remove the connection from the yellow cover and check the wiring connections. You may have a loose ground wire in the plug for the Alpine! I did a post some time back in Repairs about what I found under that yellow cover - gave me nightmares!

But be sure you understand what you are doing with the cable before you start!

Ron
Diesel 4x4, DRW, LB, CC
Comfort Ride Hitch
geo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
alpine 3500, gfci