Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-28-2013, 06:13 AM   #1
maxx1963

landing gear thrust bearings

so I just got done replacing the thrust bearings on my landing gear,the side with the motor was broken and froze up, It kept popping fuses when i would lift it. luckily that was the easy side to pull out of the propane comartment, the other side was not so simple. I was not about to pull my generator out, so I crawled into the propane compartment and weaseled my way over the top of the genny. then i realized it would be to difficult to remove the leg so I did the very uncomfortable job of replacing the bearing while the leg was still in. Luckily everything went VERY smooth. It was a pain but worth it! the bearing on that side ended up to be fine, but I refuse to only replace something on one side and not replace the other. Tearing apart the gears in the landing gear was VERY simple, I bought some U.S. made bearings off ebay and they came with full detailed instructions and diagram. When he re-lists them i will post the link.

2005 2500HD CCLB Duramax. LBZ mouthpiece, factory CAI mod, Diamond eye "quiet" downpipe back exhaust/ Reese elite under bed rail hitch
2008 Fuzion 362
2008 KFX 700
2007 Yamaha Wolverine(wife's)
2002 Suzuki LT-A50(daughter's)
1995 Yamaha G14 golf cart
maxx1963 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 08:53 AM   #2
Knucklehead

I had to do the same thing last year on our 05 sprinter 5er It kept breaking the drive motor housing and could not figure out why when fixing the bearing i found that part of the gear drive had never beemn installed made the part and have not had any trouble sence then
1999 F350 7.3 MTans DRW 4Door 4X4 4:10 gears
2013 Raptor 297 SE
2005 Sprinter 276FWRLS
1990 Jayco 26 Special
1985 Jayco 1008 SG Popup
Knucklehead is offline   Reply With Quote