Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Repairs & Maintenance
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2013, 07:16 AM   #1
labs4life

A/c inside vent cover removal??

I need to remove the inside vent covers on the a/c vents. Want to make sure everything is shakes well before we get too far in the Deep South this summer. Going to LA and FL for 9 days and it will be hot.

I can remove these things my way, but there will be carnage. I can't see a tab to press or some little button to release them. My current tools are a screwdriver and a pry bar, but stopped before I broke something. Would not make the DW very happy there!!!

Guidance is very much needed!
labs4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:02 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Since we have no idea what kind of trailer you have I can only say that on my '07 Cougar they just pull out. Not that easily but can be done with fingers. Get some good metal duct tape and be prepared to patch the wonderful job that Keystone installers did. Also seal up inside of a/c itself.
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 08:22 AM   #3
labs4life

I used the gentle approach at first and saw some tabs. After much investigation, I took two small screwdrivers and pried out on the tab. Took some pressure but that releases a tab that holds them in. These will not just pull out.
Tape job looks ok, nut why would they run the ducting way past the last vent. I am going to shove some insulation in there to stop this air flow right at the last vent.
labs4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2013, 09:20 AM   #4
Ken / Claudia

After 3 trips I was still getting saw dust on floor near them after traveling, I found same thing. A small flat blade driver pops them open. I vacumed them out and no more saw dust. I also checked the a/c filter and washed it, although it was only used to test it the filter showed signs of dirt/dust. Made we think that while traveling air might get blow down thru the A/C thru the filter along with road dirt. Is that why some folks travel with a soft cover over the a/c unit?.
As of 05-2020, I am all done with 39 years total police work. No more uniforms for me.
Ken / Claudia is offline   Reply With Quote