Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2020, 07:04 AM   #1
mcapert

Talking 2017 Keystone Passport 199ML Fresh Water Tank

Hi all.

End of last season, last trip out we were on a single lane highway unable to avoid running over a T post in the road. The post came up and punctured a few holes in the Fresh Water holding tank. The tank is unable to be repaired and needs replacement.

With all that is going on right now i am unable to reach the manufacturer to get info on a replacement holding tank.

Does anybody happen to know any particulars on this specific tank (where to find it, what dimensions, etc)?

I have pulled some basic measurements without having removed the tank. I also know the capacity is 43 gallons.

I've researched a company called REC PRO and have been able to find one that seems like it would work but the capacity is 45 gallons. Not sure about the exact dimensions.

In addition to this info, i was wondering if anyone has ever replaced one of these fresh water holding tanks? The support banding seems to be screwed to the frame rail from above making the screw heads inaccessible.

Any info on this matter would be greatly appreciated. I would love to get this replaced with some good weather and all this free time.
mcapert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:21 AM   #2
Lee

Hi,

Yes I have replaced the FW T in my rig on my signiture. It's really not as hard as I first thought.

I bought a replacement tank through the company that I bought the TT through. As for the screws that you describe ..... And not being able to access them,.... Once you empty the tank, then drop the under belly material you will find that you can push up on the tank and find a few inches of clearance. This allows a small ratchet to be used to remove the screws.

Once you get the tank out measure its dimensions for comparison to a replacement. Also be advised that the freshwater capacity advertised for the RV includes the capacity of the hot water tank.... Example: My TT is advertised as a 60gal fresh water capacity.... But in reality my FWT holds 51gal and hot water tank and lines holds the rest.

Search this site and you will find a thread I put in concerning my tank.

Thanks,

1970 F250 Highboy 4x4
2013 Cougar 21RBSWE
Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 07:53 AM   #3
JRTJH
Site Team

This link will take you to the Trekwood site and hopefully to the FW tank that's in your trailer. MEASURE CAREFULLY as not all 37 gallon tanks (43 gallon RV capacity) are the same size.

https://www.trekwood.com/products/61...h-White-37-Gal

That said, if the incident occurred as you describe, your insurance company should pay for the repairs under your collision coverage with little/no cost to you.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:35 AM   #4
mcapert

I just wasn’t sure how that would work with the deductible, etc. my deductible would be higher than the cost to repair it myself...
mcapert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2020, 10:41 AM   #5
JRTJH
Site Team

Check with your agent. Many policies have different deductibles for collision and comprehensive losses. Ours has a $500 deductible for collision and a $0 deductible for comprehensive losses.

What are the differences? Generally speaking, Collison is "loss related to an accident with another vehicle" and Comprehensive is a "loss related to an accident that does not involve another vehicle (theft, road hazards, fire, hail tire failure, etc). Only your agent can tell you what is/is not covered by your specific policy.

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fresh water tank, keystone, passport, tank, water