Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Travel Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 10-16-2019, 01:07 PM   #1
Rick757

New Maxxair exhaust fan stopped working

We have a 2004 Zeppelin 241 TT. I recently replaced the non working original bathroom fan with a Maxxair mini vent. The new fan worked great for about 2 days, the stopped working. I checked breakers, fuses and wiring. The fan is getting power. I checked the voltage at the fan it's reads 13.75 volts. Maxxair rep. said the there is nothing wrong with the fan it has gone into safe mode due to excessive voltage. The rep said the fan will allow only 10% above the 12 volts.He said i need to install a resistor to get the voltage within the limits. I don't understand, I'm not an electrician. I have a RV 12v battery and a 30 amp cable connected to a power source, nothing has changed. Need help.
Rick757 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 01:48 PM   #2
JRTJH
Site Team

Apparently the MaxxAire Mini is significantly more "voltage sensitive" than the "conventional MaxxAire vent fans".

Here is a post from another forum: https://www.cheaprvliving.com/forums....php?tid=31123

I suppose I've been fortunate in not having any of these "not really built for the towable RV, but too often used anyway" fans.

IMHO (for what it's worth) I'd take the "mini vent" out while the taking is good and install a "real MaxxAire vent or a Fantastic vent"

From what I can determine, the Mini-vent series was intended for use in "van conversions" where "streamlining and small domes are important"....

2015 F250 6.7l 4x4
2014 Cougar X Lite 27RKS
JRTJH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2019, 04:47 PM   #3
Customer1

For a test unplug from shore power which will drop voltage. Then try the fan operating only from the battery.