Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 10-20-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
DocLDB

High Country 291RLS

Retirement coming soon, I hope. Totally new to RVing. We like the size and floorplan of the new High Country 291RLS. Does anyone have comments about this fiver. Are the structural strength and quality adversely compromised by the light weight Helium technology. We will mostly be using it for 3-5 day and occasional vacation trips. I will wait until we decide on a specific fifth wheel to order a new TV, but it will be either an F250 or F350 PSD, whichever is needed. Any comments specific to this model wiil be helpful.
DocLDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 06:45 AM   #2
Wayne

High country

We recently purchased the 299RKS High Country and our TV is a 2008 GMC 2500 gas w/373. We have only spent 5 days in the camper and towed approx 350 miles. So far we love it and it tows great. We previously had the Cougar Xlite 27RLS. The 5th wheel has lots more room (other than the bath) and overall we like it much better.

We considered the 321RES TT but switched when DW realized it had no pantry or linen closet. We then looked at the 291RLS & the 299RKS. I liked the RK and we both preferred the bath separate from the BR. These are all personal choices. DW now loves the kit counter space because it is much better than our 27RLS. I am glad DW is happy.
Wayne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
RdRmr

Have that same unit 2011 291RLS, love the way it tows. Have had it now 14 months, no major issues. So far to date have towed it over seven thousand miles. We love the layout and overall length. Tow it with a 08 Dodge 2500 6.7L CTD longbed, towing milage is from 11.7 thru 15.5.
Enjoy it, send me a PM if you need any info.

2016 KZ Durango 315RKD
2015 Dodge 3500HD SRW, CCLB, 6.7L Cummins, Aisin.
Curt puck legs w/Curt Q16 head
VET/USMC
RdRmr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2011, 06:41 AM   #4
rubydoodle

Love our Cougar High Country 291RLS!

We bought ours last spring and have traveled 10,000+ miles since. We have had no problems and love it. We tow with a Tundra, and it does a beautiful job! We spent two and a half months in the Canadian Rockies and West this past summer. Now we are in the Outer Banks of NC and will head home after Thanksgiving. The only thing we would have changed is getting the booth dinette, instead of the table and chairs. It would be easier to make a bed there for a camping grandchild than the air mattress blown up and taken down every day. Oh, and my husband hates where they put the water pump. You have to take out the drawers to get to it, and it is very awkward. We would definitely buy this again if we had it to do over!
rubydoodle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2011, 04:24 AM   #5
antiqfreq

I have a 291 RLS since February 2008 and we have traveled allover the country with it and have never even had it back to the dealer once.

We love ours and plan to keep it a very long time!

Jo
ISSPRO pillar gauges
Pullrite 15K sliding hitch
2-Honda Eu2000i's in toolbox
2012 Polaris 400
2012 Polaris 330
antiqfreq is offline   Reply With Quote