Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Fifth Wheels
Click Here to Login

Old 03-27-2011, 08:53 AM   #1
dave67

Keystone Alpine?

We have a 2011 Alpine 3640RL and wanted to know if other Alpine owners had a toilet paper and towel bar or ring come with there rig.Or is Keystone just being cheap.
dave67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:03 AM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave67 View Post
We have a 2011 Alpine 3640RL and wanted to know if other Alpine owners had a toilet paper and towel bar or ring come with there rig.Or is Keystone just being cheap.
Keystone's answer to that question is that everyone wants them in a different place. All three of my last trailers (all different manufacturers) came with the TP holder laying on the floor of the vanity to be self installed. I've done many bath remodels and the biggest problem is family members deciding and agreeing on the location and type of bath accessories. No matter where you put them somebody would have liked it different. JM2¢, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:36 AM   #3
CRUZIN 2

We have the same rig, and I go along with Hanks reply.

LARRY & LAVONNE HUMMEL
Full-Timer
GMC Sierra 3500 DRW D/A Denali 2011
ALPINE 2013 3535RE
CRUZIN 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:35 PM   #4
dave67

I don't have a problem if they don't hang them but at least they could give me them with the rig.My first new L cheapo travel trailer we bought at least came with them.I guess I'm just asking for to much when you spend 40-50 thousand on a rig and they are to cheap to give you that.And my dealer is check on this as well.
dave67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 01:40 PM   #5
chuckretnav

Probley just forgot to put them in. But your right attention to detail makes a difference if you buy again or not. Tell your dealer and they can contact Keystone or maybe they keep them in the back room and can mail them to you.
chuckretnav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 04:17 PM   #6
mikell

Ours were missing but didn't figure it was a big deal. The last one we never did put the towel holder up because we had an over the door rack. By the way were living in a 3640rl and love it
mikell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 08:00 AM   #7
mel07green

I asked Keystone about this too, and was told the same thing Hankpage was.
Really not a terribly big deal. I just bought an over-the-door rack and free-standing TP holder. Better quality than the rubbish that comes preinstalled, IMO.
Old 03-28-2011, 09:51 AM   #8
Outbackmel

Paper holders

Our 2011 Outback 36 ft 5er came without. Went to Wal-mart and bought a free standing toilet paper holder. Every individual can place it as he/she chooses or leave it at the side. Cheap, no holes, lots of satisfaction.....just lay it down when traveling....no issues....
Outbackmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 09:52 AM   #9
hsmunoz

Hi guys
I have the 3500 model and no there are no towel racks or toilet roll holders. In my case , I kinda liked that as I get to put them where I want.

I wouldn't say its a "cheapo" move by Keystone. It's a small bath on my unit, and I liked the flexibility of doing it to my liking. Much happier that they spent the money upgrading the heater and cabinetry.
hsmunoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 12:45 PM   #10
Sebring

Our Challenger just had them in the vanity and I preferred not to have them installed, as my DH made me a far more useable/useful self-standing towel rack. I know keystone wouldn't have tucked the TP holder in the corner as we did, so no one would cram their knee into it.
BUT, we did not get the decorative sham covers for the bed. Dealer wasn't any help, so I contacted Keystone directly. They were just awesome and got them to us, prepaid. Make sure you tell them that you tried to deal with your dealership first but to no avail. Nice way to put in a "dealership customer complaint".
Good luck as it very well could be a plain "forgot to put them in" the trailer.
2008 GMC Duramax 2500HD 4x4
Good Sam Member
Sebring is offline   Reply With Quote