Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone RV Customer Comments > Prospective Owners' Questions
Click Here to Login

Old 06-18-2020, 05:59 PM   #1
Erutledge7

2019 hideout 175lhs

Looking to purchase this trailer and looking for any feedback for people who have this. Pros, cons etc.
Thanks!
Erutledge7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 10:14 AM   #2
1Kingair!

Erutledge7
Am a couple of month late here. Did you get the 175? I have the 176lhs which looks to be the same floor plan with a slide. Have used mine several times. The wife and grand kids dig it and I can't find anything to complain about. Have found a lot that complain. Maybe we got lucky?
Curious to know what you pull with? Small truck, SUV?
1Kingair! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2020, 11:53 AM   #3
Erutledge7

Hi! Thanks for the response. I did get it a few months ago. So far so good. I am pulling it with my 2014 dodge ram. I can def feel it pulling on the engine going to the mountains but my tow capacity is well above the amount that the trailer is. I don't really have any complaints about it. I'm still learning everything. I took it out last weekend and the AC started dripping inside so when I got home we took it apart and realized it was full of dust and dirt just cleaned that out. I threw away the "mattress" after the first trip. They are TERRIBLE! Last weekend was my first time sleeping in the bunks. It isn't the most comfortable as an adult- you have to remember that you can't sit up or you will bang your head! I'm already planning what I want in my next trailer! Def an outdoor kitchen, and probably bigger bunks or do away with them! hope you are enjoying yours!
Old 08-12-2020, 07:25 AM   #4
1Kingair!

Glad to hear that you got it and for the most part, it's holding up. Have read a lot of complaints on those little guys and have been scared to death the whole thing would just slide off the frame as I went down the road? Like you, we don't care much for the mattress, but haven't found a replacement yet. Although I've climbed into the bunks, I'll leave those for the grandsons. Have fun!
Old 08-12-2020, 07:44 AM   #5
Erutledge7

Have you heard of that happening? Sliding off the frame? Oh lord!
Old 08-12-2020, 08:38 AM   #6
1Kingair!

No...just kidding.
I get the impression that the Hideout is a 'lower end' trailer and I've read a lot of complaints about the line, but like I've said, I just can't find anything to complain about. Everything works as advertised and the reason I reached out to see if you were finding the same or if I just got lucky.
Have fun with that thing and enjoy. I'll stay in touch if anything changes with mine.
Chris
Old 08-12-2020, 09:26 AM   #7
Erutledge7

Whew! Yeah I did a lot of research and from what I could tell on all of the forums people found things to complain about no matter high end or not.
Old 08-12-2020, 09:55 AM   #8
1Kingair!

I think you're right and I know that ours seems to be fine. I could see someone wanting bigger and then complaining once they get it home. I tow with my Frontier, so was limited in size. I have to stick to low hills and flatland. Wishing I was still back your way and could enjoy the mid-Atlantic this time of the year.
Old 08-12-2020, 12:10 PM   #9
Texas Steve

We have had our Hideout LHS 202 for 2 years and it is great for the 2 of us. No problems with anything (Knock on wood!). If they offered a 15k HVAC that would have been great. Gets REAL hot in Texas during the summer!
Texas Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 12:24 PM   #10
wiredgeorge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Texas Steve View Post
We have had our Hideout LHS 202 for 2 years and it is great for the 2 of us. No problems with anything (Knock on wood!). If they offered a 15k HVAC that would have been great. Gets REAL hot in Texas during the summer!

Steve, You can install a 15K BTU A/C in place of your 13.5K. Not sure but you may have a non-ducted A/C and if this is the case, take off the inside cover. You will note there is an IN side and an OUT side. Use aluminum duct tape to ensure that the air from the IN side isn't leaking to the OUT part. Next thing you can do is get some window film and cover your windows with dark tint. That will help a whole lot. I used 80 percent tint meaning 80 percent of the UV is kept out; darker the better. Make sure your skylights have something to keep direct sun from turning them into ovens. Last, I use a portable AC to augment my 15K BTU Dometic Brisk II (pretty new). Since these things draw about 10A, I run a a heavy duty extension cord outside to the pedestal and have cut out and painted a plywood insert for the window that I gasket my exhaust; the portable sits right below the window. Oh yeah, find shade when you set up your camper if at all possible and set the door side towards the west and keep your awning down. These steps will take your 80F plus cabin down to just above 72F or so.
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 12:27 PM   #11
Texas Steve

Thanks George! Will try out what you suggested.
Texas Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 12:44 PM   #12
wiredgeorge

I use an 8K BTU portable to augment and it will be up for sale as I bought a 14K BTU on Amazon because I want to keep my cabin like an ice box. I guess I am kind of like Tim the Toolman... MORE POWER. The new AC won't get here till the 20th and we are camping this weekend in Ft. Clark Springs in Brackettville for a few days. The missus bought me two pairs of shorts. Geesh, that will be one ugly campground!
2006 GL1800 Roadsmith Trike
wiredgeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2020, 01:19 PM   #13
1Kingair!

I hear you on the a/c, it gets pretty hot out here also (I think 109 today) good luck on that swap
Old 08-21-2020, 11:54 AM   #14
5J's

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1Kingair! View Post
No...just kidding.
I get the impression that the Hideout is a 'lower end' trailer and I've read a lot of complaints about the line, but like I've said, I just can't find anything to complain about. Everything works as advertised and the reason I reached out to see if you were finding the same or if I just got lucky.
Have fun with that thing and enjoy. I'll stay in touch if anything changes with mine.
Chris
I've got a hideout also. Mine is a little bigger than what you guys pull but we've had ours for 3 years now with virtually no problems. I had one warranty claim for a few small things such as missing blind rod, missing cover on a faucet knob and a leaking drain valve. Good luck on yours, we love ours.

2017 Hideout 308BHDS

2006 F-350 6.0L PSD CC 4X4
5J's is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 05:23 PM   #15
CrazyCain

I have had my 177LHS Hidout for 4 years now and have zero complaints. I like the little guy...

2011 Chevy Silverado
1500, HD Tow Package
2017 Keystone Hideout 177LHS Carlisle Radial HDs
:
CrazyCain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 07:26 AM   #16
1Kingair!

Yeah 5J's
I think mine will fit inside of yours?
But glad to hear its a good one....
Chris
Old 08-24-2020, 07:26 AM   #17
1Kingair!

Morning Crazy Cain
I can't find anything to complain about with mine?
Thanks
Chris

Tags
hideout