Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Toy Haulers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-26-2012, 07:07 PM   #1
rnkburg

Raptor 297se vs 300mp

Ok, have been going between these two units for a little while now. I am currently looking at a 2012 300mp Raptor, or I can order the 2013 297se and save a little bit of money. What is the major differences besides a little bit of the floor plan and one foot on the length. I am trying to do the pro's and con's of all of this. I know it comes down to what you like, but hoping for some other opinions also.

Thanks
rnkburg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2012, 05:35 PM   #2
VADave

I considered the 300MP and the 297SE before deciding on a Fuzion 310. If I remember correctly, the 297SE had the bathroom in the bedroom separated from the sleeping area by only a curtain. Another big item for me was the 297SE didn't have the insulation package the 300MP did. And the 297SE was pretty bare bones as far as features and options go (compared to the 300MP and the Fuzion). The good part is the price tag though. If I remember right, I could get a 297SE for about $6k less than a 300MP or Fuzion 310.
VADave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 06:56 AM   #3
rnkburg

Ended up with the 300mp, picked it up yesterday. Can't wait to take it out.
Old 06-12-2012, 05:06 PM   #4
Jarhead

Got a 297SE Today!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rnkburg View Post
Ended up with the 300mp, picked it up yesterday. Can't wait to take it out.
So how is that 300MP treating you? I just traded in my 2011 Outback 230RS for a Raptor 297SE. The good part my Outback was paid off, the bad part is I have payments again, but I believe it will be worth it. Couldn't fit my FLHX HD in the Outback garage, so we upgraded. And just in time for Hunting season in September.
Keystone Cougar 1/2 Ton
Jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2012, 05:30 PM   #5
rnkburg

Well to be honest we are going out next week for our first run with it. I have been swamped at work and the farm so I haven't been able to take it out yet. I will let you know how it does though. Bout the only thing we have done is start pitting stuff in it. You know plates, pots , pans , rugs, silverware, etc. Etc...

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk 2
Old 06-18-2012, 02:50 PM   #6
Jarhead

After moving all our "stuff" from the Outback 230RS to the Raptor 297SE, I found that the Outback had a lot of storage space. In fact it seems a bit more. But I plan to mount some cabinets in the Raptor garage area to fix that issue.
Hope you enjoy your weekend.
Keystone Cougar 1/2 Ton
Jarhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2012, 06:57 PM   #7
rnkburg

Well we did pretty good on our first run out. I got the hitch set up wrong with the B&W, but I will change that around and see if it helps.

Biggest and most frustrating issue that I had was the GFCI breaker in the camper. It was tripped, the dealer on the walk said it was in the bathroom. Heck, I know what those are, and I did not place my eyes on it. So, I start looking for it while on the trip. No where to be found, looked everywhere. Called dealer, he tells me I am the second to call without one. Great, now I have to go to the dealer to get this replaced. 2 days later, I am laying on the couch, and wife pulls the little extra counter space open. I see some white and there it is. Press the button and all is back alive. It was frustrating running an ext cord to appliances but that was the worst.

The support legs on the rear couch are cut wrong, one is too long. Have to cut that down.

Air conditioner in my opinion doesn't get cold enough on the hot days. I was told I didn't have enough electric (so I fired up the generator), campground said there were too many units on one leg, but my box tested right. I am going to talk to the dealer about that one. I am wired for the second air, and I sure needed it down there this week in the humid 93 weather.

Front bedroom TV mounting bracket came loose (Luckily I caught this, remounted at campground and took tv off on way home)

All and All it was a great trip, we were happy and enjoyed it. Hopefully the more we go, the more we get lined out and no more worries.