Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > Towing
Click Here to Login

Old 11-24-2010, 01:48 PM   #1
DFreiberger

Trailer Mirrors

I am seeking suggestions for towing mirrors. My Tundra has standard mirrors adjustable with heat; no turn signal. I want to replace then with a quality tow mirror. Toyota only sells tow mirrors for the Tundra Limited. They are only available from the manufacturer. I cannot go into Toyota and order tow mirrors for my truck. The only other mirrors I am able to find have heat, adjustable and turn signal. My originals do not have turn signal and I do not know if the truck is wired for turn signal. I asked Toyots and they said no. Any suggestions?
DFreiberger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2010, 04:24 PM   #2
hankpage
Site Team

JC whitney sells them but I don't think they are heated. http://www.jcwhitney.com/oe-style-ex...d=c3214d2195j1
Hope this helps, and have a safe and pleasant turkey day, Hank
hankpage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:05 PM   #3
Bob Landry

Did you ever find some tow mirrors?
Bob Landry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 04:25 AM   #4
scubapop

Tow Mirrorws for Tundra

Best thing going to solve the Trundra mirror problem is the Mckesh mirrow from Hensley MFG Inc. Yeah, they are ugly compared to the factory models but Toyota doesn't make a good tow mirrow yet.

The inital Mckesh installation takes aout 15 minutes (no holes needed, getting the placement and adjustment correct takes a couple of minutes) I remove mine when not towing takes less than a minute to remove both and about 3 minutes to install.

It's great to see all around the unit when towing----believe me they provide an awesome view!!
scubapop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2011, 05:36 AM   #5
Flyguy

I don't know why this should be a problem? I have the 2008 Tundra CrewMax and when I bought the truck it did not have tow mirrors but I traded them with the dealer for tow mirrors. I have the SR5 package and not the limited. The mirrors are plug and play, the non tow mirrors just unscrewed and the new ones went in. The wiring plug is there and after installation I had new tow mirrors with heat and remote control and lights, my TV has the tow package and I think this is necessary for this to work. Here's a link to buy the factory mirrors.
http://www.amazon.com/Toyota-Tundra-...xp_grid_pt_2_1
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2011, 07:46 AM   #6
scubapop

Tundra Tow mirrows

When I checked with the dealer and the Tundra forum prior to making the Mckesh mirror purchase and the consensus was that NOT ALL 2007-2010 trucks have the necessary wiring harness installed to make all the functions of the tow mirror work properly in fact I may lose the the current elect adjust function as will.

I would really like to install a full function extended tow mirror but am reluctant to make the purchase, pull the door panels, complete the installation only to discover they are incompatible with my configuration. Guess I’m getting a little less adventurous in my old age and have thus become satisfied with the status-quo. But I shall take a re-look and again research the issue and determine if I can use them.

I checked your referenced web site and discovered it was for the driver side mirror, is there one available for the passenger side as well?
scubapop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 04:25 PM   #7
Flyguy

Don't know, I thought it was for both mirrors and I stopped looking when I saw this one!
Timbrens
Flyguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 07:16 AM   #8
Bob Landry

I just picked up on this thread, so it may be dead. If not, I hope this helps someone.
Toyota mirrors are interchageable on all of the latest generation trucks. The exception is if you have the work package, then you have cheapie mirrors with a different mounting configuration and no wiring fr power, etc.. The new mirrors will come with a molex plug that mates with the plug in your truck, and the mirrors will have all of the functions you currently have. The Toyota mirrors will come with turn leds and running lights. If you currently do not have those features, they can be easily wired. The mirrors can be easily installed in about 30 minutes and there are write-ups on the Toyota forums on how to do this. I had the mirrors on a 2010 and then moved them over to the new 2011. I ordered them from a place in S.C. called TRD Sparks. Cost was $427 delivered to my front door and I've never regretted buying them for a second. Mine do fold and extend, but I have to do it manually. Hope this helps.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:11 PM   #9
Kurt

I just ordered the factory tow mirrors on ebay at the following link. The price is half of what my local Toyota dealer had quoted me for a set. These are the real factory mirrors and are brand new.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...#ht_1347wt_941

I just installed them last week on a 2008 Tundra Double Cab SR5 with the TRD and factory tow package. The lights on the mirrors work awesome. The bottom set of lights are the running lights and the top set of lights are the turn signal flashers on the mirrors. The running lights even flash when you lock and unlock the vehicle, just like the front and rear lights.

I am very happy now that all I have to do is pull them in and out when I'm towing. The other benefit is that they have the blind spot mirror on the bottom!

2011 Keystone Premier 31BHPR
2008 Toyota Tundra DC 4x4 5.7L V8
Reese Strait-Line WD hitch w/ Dual-Cam sway control
Tekonsha Prodigy P3 Brake Control
Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2011, 05:33 PM   #10
Bob Landry

That's a good price. My dealership wanted $275 each plus tax. I ordered mine from a dealership in N. Carolina and I paid $426 for the pair, delivered. My Tundra was only wired for the 3-way power operation for the mirrors, and I had to wire my running and turn lights for the mirror. I love 'em..
Old 03-24-2011, 09:59 AM   #11
DTJ9610

I also found these on aother website:
http://www.fenderworld.com/Shop/Cont...id/0/SFV/32602

$391 w/ free shipping. I haven't made the purchase yet, but am still weighing my options. What stinks is my original invoice shows the truck ahd the tow mirrors and the previous owner must have taken them off.

Previous Trailers
2011 Jayco 17z

Previous Tows
2007 Toyota Sienna
2008 Toyota Tundra DC 5.7L V8 4x4
DTJ9610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:07 PM   #12
FredTheNuke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurt View Post
I just ordered the factory tow mirrors on ebay at the following link. The price is half of what my local Toyota dealer had quoted me for a set. These are the real factory mirrors and are brand new.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/2007-...#ht_1347wt_941

I just installed them last week on a 2008 Tundra Double Cab SR5 with the TRD and factory tow package. The lights on the mirrors work awesome. The bottom set of lights are the running lights and the top set of lights are the turn signal flashers on the mirrors. The running lights even flash when you lock and unlock the vehicle, just like the front and rear lights.

I am very happy now that all I have to do is pull them in and out when I'm towing. The other benefit is that they have the blind spot mirror on the bottom!
Do you have Daytime Running Lights already? I ask because I installed tow mirrors today and the LED turn signal part, the heated option and the power top mirror are all functional. The bottom LED running lights are not functional - from what I read on TundraSolutions it may be because I don't have factory DRLs. Still MUCH better than my stock mirrors with CIPA slip ons (that never stayed in one place) and only $241.00 shipped to my doorstep from amazon.

Reese Straight Line 1200# WDH with Dual Cam active sway control

Air Lift 5k bags
FredTheNuke is offline   Reply With Quote