Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Fleet | Keystone RV Models > Lite Weight Trailers
Click Here to Login

Old 04-07-2014, 03:20 PM   #1
CHIEF MK

Passport 23 RB propane bottle mount.

Were going on a trip next week , so I pulled the bottles out to get filled up, and I noticed some shoddy work from whomever installed the propane bottle mounting plate to the trailer frame.

The oval tray the bottle's sit in is held down with 4 sheet metal screws. Now the screws are large enough to secure this plate, but the plate has 4 long slots to give the installer plenty of options.

Here's what I found; The first thing that drew my attention to it was rust around every screw. Lots of rust. The rust was from them not cleaning the metal shavings off the plate after they were done. Lame! The next thing, and is why I am telling you this was a safety hazard. The screw heads are barely large enough to cover the whole slot. In fact all of the screw holding this plate down were really only securing about half of what they could have. The heads were half in the slot and half way on the plate. Lame Lame Lame.

I cleaned the whole mess up and sprayed a lubricant to the rusted area , and put some good size flat washers under the screw heads to insure they were holding 100% of that plate down.

You might want to check yours. My 23 rb is a 2014.
CHIEF MK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:25 PM   #2
chartrand

I recently had mine off as well and noted only 3 screws and the head was broken on one of those three. There might have been 4 screws at one point, but that head is who knows where. So yes, I agree with the OP, you should check the propane tank bracket.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

2014 Keystone Bullet Premier 22RBPR
2017 Chevy Colorado (Baby Duramax)
Propride P3 Hitch
chartrand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 08:50 AM   #3
dougjoliefrey

Angry LP tank bracket loose

We just picked up our new 2015 Bullet 308BHS and when we arrived home with it from the dealer I noticed the LP tanks were not alligned to the frame. I didn't have time to remove the tanks yet but I know it's not connected the the frame anymore on one side. I just glad the other side held up until we arrived home. So it's not just the Passport line it's also happening on a brand new straight out of the factory Bullet.
Old 04-24-2014, 04:20 PM   #4
f6bits

With this post in mind, I checked mine this past weekend. Rock solid. I was a bit concerned since I hadn't thought of that being a weak point.

2011 Passport 2590BH
2009 Ford F150 SuperCrew FX4 5.4L w/Max Tow
f6bits is offline   Reply With Quote