Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Go Back   Keystone RV Forums > Keystone Tech Forums > General RV Issues
Click Here to Login

Old 11-06-2013, 11:15 AM   #1
dgleason

Getting Used to New 327

This 5th wheel is different to winterize than my trailer. I winterized it doing the things I did on the trailer and realized I missed a couple things - the black tank flush line and the new 327's are prepped for a washer and dryer. I'd guess the washer lines need rv antifreeze too. Or maybe they are not connected until a washer is installed. It's at the dealer for a landing gear problem so I'll call them. Might be a little late since it got down to 20 last night.

Specs say I have 78 gal grey water tank. Since I have 2 tanks I'm guessing they are 38 gals each.

Manual could use a lot more detail. Doesn't say anything about winterizing washer hookups or number or size of tanks. The manual is sort of like socks one size fits all.
dgleason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 09:54 AM   #2
dgleason

Thought I'd post what I did to complete my winterizing. I used compressed air to blow out the black tank flush line. Did the w/d hookup just like the other faucets. Cut off a 1-2 foot piece of garden hose and used the hose to flush the line into a bucket.

Plan to put a line by the pump to pull directly from the rv antifreeze bottles. Went thru 4 gals dumping it into the water tank first. Should only take 1-2 gals pulling from the gallon jugs.
Old 12-13-2013, 11:07 AM   #3
byrdr1

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgleason View Post
Plan to put a line by the pump to pull directly from the rv antifreeze bottles. Went thru 4 gals dumping it into the water tank first. Should only take 1-2 gals pulling from the gallon jugs.
Dgleason,
I used 1 and 1/2 gallons to winterize mine last weekend. direct from jug by way of the water pump with the brass bypass kit from Camco. BUT I do not have the washer hookups either. I winterized the black tank flush valve and the main water inlet valve with the blue coiled hose hooked to both of these inlets from the outside faucet hook ups.
randy

Randy "Camp On"
2011 Cougar 327RES
2014 Ford F-350, 6.7L 4X4, CC, SRW
byrdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2013, 02:21 PM   #4
dgleason

Bypass is definitely on the list. My old TT had the bypass took 1-2 gals too. Don't think the a /d hookups take that much more. Since youre bypassing the fresh water tank did you put anything in the tank or just drain it?

Thanks
Old 12-14-2013, 07:50 PM   #5
billb800si

If you're not going to pump it from your fresh water tank then be real sure you drain those lines from the tank. There will be water in them.

On our 321RES Trailer it took less than 2 gallons doing it from the water tank via the pump.
Happy trails,

Bill B. (Michigan)
2014 Cougar H.C. 321RES
2007 Dodge Megacab 6.7 Cummins
billb800si is offline   Reply With Quote